Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beled Xaawo to Build a University

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Beled Xaawo to Build a University

Postby Turbulence » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:09 pm

There was a meeting held in Beled Xaawo to begin the process of building a University there. Hopefully this will be a success.

RoobleAlWaliid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Beled Xaawo to Build a University

Postby RoobleAlWaliid » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:06 pm

MashAllah

Qoriga dhig, qalinka qaad :up:

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:22 pm

to call it a university is beyond generosity. The quality of primary schools in the UK is probably higher.

still well done to them

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:51 pm

to call it a university is beyond generosity. The quality of primary schools in the UK is probably higher.

still well done to them
They haven't built anything bro. They are just coming together to announce their plans to build a university/college there. At this point in time it is just an idea and it may never be realized. Everything has to start somewhere though. Even those UK Universities started out in a similar fashion hundreds of years ago.

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Gedo is on its way to greatness.

Garbaharey new hospital.
Garbaharey airport
Bardheere airport
Beled Hawo University
Beled Hawo , Dollow, Celwaaq border crossings.
Jubba river, Livestock, farmland from LUUQ to Bardheere.
roads connecting these cities to markets in Kenya, Ethiopia and the port of Kismaayo then to the Gulf.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:50 am

Machallah for reer Gedo! May they enyoy a lasting nabad, barwaaqo iyo bashbash, amin..

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 am

I m not sure why we are obsessed with universities when we can't even build/decent primary/secondary scools?

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:57 pm

^Negative Nancy, say mashallah and keep it moving ..there are plenty of primary/secondary schools in B town.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:07 pm

I m not sure why we are obsessed with universities when we can't even build/decent primary/secondary scools?
The thing about Beled Xaawo is majority of the kids there hold duel Kenyan/Somali nationality and therefore attend secondary schools in Mandera and other parts of Kenya. Most of those students end up attending colleges/universities in Kenya as well but some can't afford to do that and as a result can't continue their education. It will help those type of kids and others from other parts of the region that can't travel to Kenya for the pursuit of higher education.

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:14 pm

The thing about Beled Xaawo is majority of the kids there hold duel Kenyan/Somali nationality and therefore attend secondary schools in Mandera and other parts of Kenya. Most of those students end up attending colleges/universities in Kenya as well but some can't afford to do that and as a result can't continue their education. It will help those type of kids and others from other parts of the region that can't travel to Kenya for the pursuit of higher education.
Exactly, Balad Hawo is different than most cities in Somalia in that all children are taught in English from primary to form 12. I think that the Kenyan curriculum is used even in schools in the city.

It probably does need a technical university of some sort since it is the largest settlement in Gedo.
I would encourage them to make it an agri-science school :up:

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:37 am

1st of All dadka beled xaawo degan ID kenyanka ah si basar ah ku helaan qof dual national ah ma jiro, 2nd ID waxaa la helaa marka dugsi sare dhamayso oo 18 jir dhaafto, processes dheer ayayna u maraan.

back to my initial question! If beled xawo had good schools then do they have to cross that crazy Beled Xawo- Mandera border everyday?

But Initially when I was writing that Question I was not talking about Beled Xawo but every damn village in Somalia is saying they need university when they dont have good Secondary schools and vocational training collages.

All i m saying is let us build basic education system before we build higher education.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:15 pm

1st of All dadka beled xaawo degan ID kenyanka ah si basar ah ku helaan qof dual national ah ma jiro, 2nd ID waxaa la helaa marka dugsi sare dhamayso oo 18 jir dhaafto, processes dheer ayayna u maraan.
Ninyahoow ma magaalda cideyda dhan degantahay miyaa rabtaa inaad igala muranto. Wallahi the majority of my family members in Beled Xaawo sharci dalka deriska nahay ayay leeyihiin. Si fudud ayay kuligoodna ku helaan. Lacag yar baa la bixiyaa. Dadka aan sharci dalkaas laheen oo magaalada degan waxay u badan yihiin dadka da'da weyn waayo kuwaas sharci keenyaan ah dan kama laha. Iskuulada Mandera inta badan ciyaalka beled xaawo lacag la'aan ayay ku dhigtaan ilaa fasalka sideedaad. Ciyaalka aan gaarin 18 sano sharci keenyaan umu baahna waayo waxaa loo jaraa school ID. Xaduudana wax ku dhibo dhalinyarada ardayda xaga majiro. Even markii borderka askarta xirto ciyaal arday ah waa loo ogolyahay inay gudbaan. Secondary school waa lacag yar. I believe it is around $150 a semester. Aniga ka bixiyay labo wiil oo xaga secondary school uga qalinjabisay dhowr sano kahor.

ps. I never claimed Beled Xaawo had good schools. I didn't say it did not either. And the kids go to school in Kenya but because the quality of education is much better there.

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:53 am

ps. I never claimed Beled Xaawo had good schools. I didn't say it did not either. And the kids go to school in Kenya but because the quality of education is much better there.

If our kids have to cross to Mandera to attend class dont you think we should 1st build good schools before uni?

btw Kenya offers free primary educations so anyone who goes to public school pays nothing.

I m quite conversant Mandera-B/X affairs, we used to have an office in Mandera.

My whole argument is that through out Somali republic including Mogadishu people are obsessed with uni while there r no decent secondary schools.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Machallah for reer Gedo! May they enyoy a lasting nabad, barwaaqo iyo bashbash, amin..
Amen

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:49 pm

^Negative Nancy, say mashallah and keep it moving ..there are plenty of primary/secondary schools in B town.
:up:

Elementary, middle, and secondary Schools in Somalia actually meet world standards, especially when it comes to Math and Science. I have a nephew who went to Somalia, stayed there for 2 years, came back and he was given a test in Columbus, Ohio. He was supposed to sit in grade 11 but was actually moved up to grade 12 due to his level on math and science. Bottom line, never buy the story of anyone who tells you schools in Somalia are at a low-standard level. It is actually the opposite.

Salaam to you Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.