Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any good websites that teaches Somali language?

Barashada Luqadaha

Moderators: Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FluffyCherry

Any good websites that teaches Somali language?

Postby FluffyCherry » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm Somali,
but unfortunately I don't speak the language. I understand a little bit but that never bothered me until I visited Somalia this year for the first time!

I couldn't communicate with any of my family members, and going to a shop was quite embarrassing! :oops:
I'll be going to Somalia next year inshaAllah but this time I really wanna be able to speak properly (maybe fluently).

So, could anyone suggest any good websites that teaches Somali!

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Any good websites that teaches Somali language?

Postby AGENT447 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Hey Fluffy, welcome walalo. Good to see you are making some effort to learn the lingo. Here are some useful websites and links that will definitely help and will come in handy in the future.

An easy to follow website for beginners
http://www.digitaldialects.com/Somali.htm

A quick 5 min lesson by an English speaking Somali person that will help you to get the gist of day to day usage of the language
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH4JU-Q6nPA

This is a comprehensive detailed one with grammar and everything in between...Good luck walal, also stick around the somalinet, it will help and your somali will improve with out you realising it.
http://learnsomali.com/about/

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Best way to learn Somali:

BBC
VOA
Other Somali news sites, News Channels, Radio stations, YT.

If all else fails....Paltalk or SNet...or if u live in the US, call the Paltalk phone thingy and talk to retired old Somali cab drivers or security guards.

:lol:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:18 pm

I suggest YourParents.so.co

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:16 am

Check this page; http://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewtop ... 8&t=355698

Apart from the dictionary, there is a link to Indiana university which has generously created a repository of the somali primary and secondary curricula

I hope you find it useful

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.