Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis dating Habesha.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
SteadyState

Somalis dating Habesha.

Postby SteadyState » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:58 pm

Anyone here have any first or second hand experience? What are common cultural similarities and differences that could cause problems? Are they always bound to fail due to external pressures or do you know of any successful ones? When I say habesha I mean Amhara. Thanks.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalis dating Habesha.

Postby SahanGalbeed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:01 am

My mother's uncle is married to a habesha and they have had 9 kids together

PureQ
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby PureQ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 am

I've seen lots of Somali witu Oromo and Eritrean marriage but not sure with Habesha.

As long as the Habesha (Amhara, Tigrean and Gurage) are Muslims that Somalis are interested in then it shouldn't be a problem.

P.S Dating is haraam.
Last edited by PureQ on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

My mother's uncle is married to a habesha and they have had 9 kids together
Mashallah, very nice. How have your family dealt with this? Any issues there? Are the children in touch with the mother's side of the family as well?

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 am

Religion would be a major barrier so it's pretty rare with the Ethiopian ones.

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:49 am

Religion would be a major barrier so it's pretty rare with the Ethiopian ones.
I can understand with the ones back home, but I must ask would this still be a major issue living in the west? I've seen Somalis date all sorts from all different religious backgrounds as well as Habesha as well, but haven't seen much Habesha and Somalis dating each other.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:49 am

Several of my friends and family friends are married to Amhara. That includes both males and females. They are all happy homes.

The funny thing is when Xalimo (not real name) makes Somali food, the house gets invaded by the hubby's Amhara relatives.

Anyways these are all Muslim families.

There is no issue or any drama. In fact it's very mellow and loving relationship.

Amhara make great wives.

Several of my Amhara friends speak fluent Somali and intend to have reer Waqooyi accent. Even one guy speaks better Waqooyi accent than me. All my reer konfuur friends tease me on this...

I personally prefer Amhara women over Somali and Oromo.

The traditionally trained Amhara does not turn her back on her hubby. Instead she walks backwards facing him. Turning back is disrespect.

They are loyal and beautiful. They are loyal to their homes not tribe, politics or whatever. Hubby, kids, family, first.

In the past Amhara emperors used to sought after Gurage women because of religious beliefs. Wa inu ninku qaba naag Gurage ah hadu rabo inu noqdo sida Mahdi oo kale.

Amhara women rarely marry from outside Ethiopians. If you can speak few Amharic words wa cadi mida ku qaban karta lakin hadad afka aqoonin stranger ba tahay dee.

Cuqdad ma qaban lakin way jacayl yahin luqadoda, tariikhdoda iyo dhaqankoga lakin cunsiriin maha.

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:11 am

Several of my friends and family friends are married to Amhara. That includes both males and females. They are all happy homes.

The funny thing is when Xalimo (not real name) makes Somali food, the house gets invaded by the hubby's Amhara relatives.

Anyways these are all Muslim families.

There is no issue or any drama. In fact it's very mellow and loving relationship.

Amhara make great wives.

Several of my Amhara friends speak fluent Somali and intend to have reer Waqooyi accent. Even one guy speaks better Waqooyi accent than me. All my reer konfuur friends tease me on this...

I personally prefer Amhara women over Somali and Oromo.

The traditionally trained Amhara does not turn her back on her hubby. Instead she walks backwards facing him. Turning back is disrespect.

They are loyal and beautiful. They are loyal to their homes not tribe, politics or whatever. Hubby, kids, family, first.

In the past Amhara emperors used to sought after Gurage women because of religious beliefs. Wa inu ninku qaba naag Gurage ah hadu rabo inu noqdo sida Mahdi oo kale.

Amhara women rarely marry from outside Ethiopians. If you can speak few Amharic words wa cadi mida ku qaban karta lakin hadad afka aqoonin stranger ba tahay dee.

Cuqdad ma qaban lakin way jacayl yahin luqadoda, tariikhdoda iyo dhaqankoga lakin cunsiriin maha.

I appreciate your input, Hawdian. The reason I asked was because I reconnected with an old female friend of mine and one thing led to another and we're sort of seeing each other now. I'm trying to take it as slow as possible as I see this as something very new and while she has her reservations. She's also an Xtian, which could complicate things further somewhere down the road. At this point I don't believe I'll end up with a Somali woman, so the second best thing would be a horn of African woman who I share cultural similarities with. I have no issue learning the language as I've always been intrigued by their culture at some level. In your experience, what are the main issues that cause cultural clashes and how should one go about avoiding them or at least minimizing them if they are unavoidable?

drobbah
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby drobbah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:20 am

I have many family members married to Amhara and Oromo or are already half ethio,happy families indeed.I noticed us Isaaq intermarry with Amxara more then other somali clans for some reason

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:31 am

SteadyState,

Language is big barrier but once you learn Amharic and she learns Somali-----you can be the ideal couple really.

Most Amhara that I know have no inferiority complex like many in our region.

Naag Amhaxaada ku so qabo kuwa kale iska dhaf. Naagta Tigraygu wa sida Somaliyada oo wa qabilistto. Tulahay ku dhalatay bay ku carari ama uu barooran lakin naagta Amxaaradu mesha lagu qabo ayeey tahay.

Home sick ma qadayan sida kuwa kale.

Oromo waxba ma hayso wa cunsiriin. Wa faan iyo isla weynan been ah sida Somalida.

Most Somali-Oromo marriages do not pass beyond a year. Few survive.

Many of my Amhara friends r Muslims and Orthodox.

Wiil aan saxiibnahay wa gaal weyn oo cross weyn bu sita hadana Quranka in badan ayu ka yaqana wayo saxiibadi Muslimka ayu masajidka uu raci jiray. Aniga hada Jimca kastu ii so xasuusiya. Wuxu igu dhaha haayeey maanta wa yomul Jimce waryahe...keen ducadi :lol: :lol: (qat ayu ka wada). Wuxu dhaha salada ka dib dee wan uu fadhisan jirnay bahalka...haayeey xaraarad.

Tomorrow he will be congratulating me for Friday prayers. Qar badan ba sidas ah I count on them for many things.

Kuwa Muslimiinta mel kasta isku racna most weddings, qado, xaflado, masajid events.

Go for it mate get yourself an Amhara cutie from Wollo :mrgreen:

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:09 am

One of my friends was married to a Habashi chick. He finally divorced her.

When i asked him why he divorced her, he said he couldn't stand eating raw meat.

He likes his HILIB well cooked.

#Truestory.

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:41 am

:comeon:

Somalis have been marrying xabashes for year especially the jaarso, gurgures and ormos

Personally I would never marry a xabashi i prefer the canfari :diddy:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:51 am

:comeon:

Somalis have been marrying xabashes for year especially the jaarso, gurgures and ormos

Personally I would never marry a xabashi i prefer the canfari :diddy:

You are funny :lol:

Jarso are Dir and Oromo who assimilated each others but now they can't tell who is who and who assimilated who.

Oromo is not Habesha.

Somalis ain't married with Gurage.

You probably mistaking with the other confused Dir-Oromo project; Gurgura.

TheLoFather
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheLoFather » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:03 am

I heard naagaha amxaartu markey hinaasaan maqas bey habeenkii sariirta hoos dhigtaan ama falaasad biyo kulul ka buuxo ... Ma naxaaan roooxaantu

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:08 am

One of my cousins is married to an Eritrean. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.