Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis dating Habesha.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalis dating Habesha.

Postby JSL3000 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:50 am

Alot of my male cousins are marry to ethiopians I don't have no problem with it they have closer physical features similar to the somalida but they are just a bit lighter from the cooler climate just like you diaspora folks.

Hararboy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hararboy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 am

You can only date Habeshas if theyre muslim. If theyre Christian, dont even bother. Somalis and Habeshas are too rigid when it comes to religion. Christian Oromo(oromised habesha) and Habesha marriages tend to succeed since they belong to the same religion.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:20 am

You can only date Habeshas if theyre muslim. If theyre Christian, dont even bother. Somalis and Habeshas are too rigid when it comes to religion. Christian Oromo(oromised habesha) and Habesha marriages tend to succeed since they belong to the same religion.
It depends.
A lot of people are not very religious, including Habeshas or Somalis.

It may make it more difficult with the families, but even with the religious barrier it still happens.

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 am

Why would one want to marry Amhara? For your info alot of shewan Amharas are Oromos.
There is nothing special about Amharas they look like AA eg Will Smith types.Too many foreigners like vasco dagama brother left seeds in the field.Eritrean Abeshas are better more beautiful and cleaner.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:56 pm

I noticed habasha Muslims are very religious Mashallah

Unionist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Unionist » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Why are Somalis running to marry Habesha when there's perfectly unmarried Somali women? I feel as though there's self-loathing going on just like how Blacks run to wife whites like their inferior.

7anseba

Postby 7anseba » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:33 pm

I see nothing strange with that. Since we are in the diaspora you tend to get drawn to people who resemble you the most or are nearest to your culture. Pretty much all of my "habesha" friends have dated at least one Somali girl and most if not all my Somali friends have dated a "habesha" girl. When it comes to marriage however the numbers are extremly small, its actually very very rare to even hear about it (for my part) but there are some that I personally know of. Its even rare among "habesha" people to marry across religious lines, which I think is a pity.

xamarLady

Postby xamarLady » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:28 am

Why are Somalis running to marry Habesha when there's perfectly unmarried Somali women? I feel as though there's self-loathing going on just like how Blacks run to wife whites like their inferior.
:up:

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:47 am

They opened a Xabesha restaurant in our hood.
Theme Ethiopian girls waiters :lawd: :lawd: :lawd:

Revolutionary
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Revolutionary » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:58 am

Lol, I'm suprise there is no immature or curse post here.

So refreshing to read the bright side. :clap:

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:04 am

Why would one want to marry Amhara? For your info alot of shewan Amharas are Oromos.
There is nothing special about Amharas they look like AA eg Will Smith types.Too many foreigners like vasco dagama brother left seeds in the field.Eritrean Abeshas are better more beautiful and cleaner.
That is not at all true and let's not kid ourselves. Amhara, just like Somalis, are pretty diverse in the ranges of looks. The girl I'm currently with looks pretty much like a standard Somali except a few shades lighter than average. To answer your original question why would one want to marry Amhara, it's because based on my experiences they are traditional women who have traditional values and they understand and appreciate the important role they play in the nuclear family rather than competing with and trying to get on the level of her husband. That is very desirable trait in a wife to traditional conservatives such as myself.

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:09 am

Silly post. In my experience and from what I read the experiences of most others, Somali women marry out much more than Somali men. This idea that there are countless unmarried Somali women who can't find a suitable partner is so implausibly laughable that it's borderline trolling. They will just resort to marrying an ajnaabi if they can't find a suitable Somali partner, and those are the handful who actually do place importance on that sort of thing whereas I believe the majority do not.

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:46 pm

That is not at all true and let's not kid ourselves. Amhara, just like Somalis, are pretty diverse in the ranges of looks. The girl I'm currently with looks pretty much like a standard Somali except a few shades lighter than average. To answer your original question why would one want to marry Amhara, it's because based on my experiences they are traditional women who have traditional values and they understand and appreciate the important role they play in the nuclear family rather than competing with and trying to get on the level of her husband. That is very desirable trait in a wife to traditional conservatives such as myself.
Amharas are not traditional women they are what you call social ammenities and shared among the community.Amhara women are very promiscous if not the most promiscous in the entire horn.

arinray

Postby arinray » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:12 pm

nothing wrong with that just as long it aint jareer is good not to mention most are goodlooking my distant cousin in addis is married to a heabesha although he isnt muslim :/

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:44 am

My uncle married Amhara Muslim. I have contacts with my cousins and they are very, very honest people.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.