Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis dating Habesha.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BlueBlood
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somalis dating Habesha.

Postby BlueBlood » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:49 am

My uncle married Amhara Muslim. I have contacts with my cousins and they are very, very honest people.
Is your uncle from Ogadenia? if so,do u know if we intermarry with other ethnic groups in ethiopia frequently?

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:07 am

My uncle married Amhara Muslim. I have contacts with my cousins and they are very, very honest people.
Is your uncle from Ogadenia? if so,do u know if we intermarry with other ethnic groups in ethiopia frequently?
Yes he is. Generally We didn't use to intermarry. but some of us living in big cities did so.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:09 am

LooL

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:10 am

if I want to marry naag madow, man somali goursado!!

doesn't make sense to marry mid kowena ka se duwan, o timo adeyg asal o leh!!

naag an hoyadey is fahmeymn hadan goursanayo somali ba iku filan.

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Sheikh Hyper, I can see where you're coming from. As for myself personally and my situation, marrying an ajnabi makes more sense than to marry another Somali. In my life, I have noticed I just have more in common with ajnabi women than with Somali women. When you throw in things like qabil and religious compatibility (I am ahlul-tasawwuf whereas most around me are Salafis), it becomes even more unrealistic. My parents are perfectly fine with me marrying a girl from any ethnic as long as she is Muslim, but even if she's Christian I believe I can convince them to approve in the long run. :)

Nawal9

Postby Nawal9 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:59 pm

I have an aunt married to an Eritrean Habesha, and my cousin is married to a Amhara she met working in Addiss Ababa for a NGO Organization...and their baby is sooo cute mashaAllah.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Sheikh Hyper, I can see where you're coming from. As for myself personally and my situation, marrying an ajnabi makes more sense than to marry another Somali. In my life, I have noticed I just have more in common with ajnabi women than with Somali women. When you throw in things like qabil and religious compatibility (I am ahlul-tasawwuf whereas most around me are Salafis), it becomes even more unrealistic. My parents are perfectly fine with me marrying a girl from any ethnic as long as she is Muslim, but even if she's Christian I believe I can convince them to approve in the long run. :)
you are right, people are different and have different levels of risk tolerance. for me doesn't make sense to my personal situation. my parents do not speak English. my father speaks Arabic and somali and my mom Arabic only. I am eldest and I wouldn't bring some one needs translator when speaks with my parents specially my mom.

speaking Arabic is a most for me to communicate both my parents.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Which one does that wierd gum tattoo?wierd dhaqan.

Ps. Naagaha Ethiopia tits look like SAM missiles. Yumm

Togdeer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Togdeer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Several of my friends and family friends are married to Amhara. That includes both males and females. They are all happy homes.

The funny thing is when Xalimo (not real name) makes Somali food, the house gets invaded by the hubby's Amhara relatives.

Anyways these are all Muslim families.

There is no issue or any drama. In fact it's very mellow and loving relationship.

Amhara make great wives.

Several of my Amhara friends speak fluent Somali and intend to have reer Waqooyi accent. Even one guy speaks better Waqooyi accent than me. All my reer konfuur friends tease me on this...

I personally prefer Amhara women over Somali and Oromo.

The traditionally trained Amhara does not turn her back on her hubby. Instead she walks backwards facing him. Turning back is disrespect.

They are loyal and beautiful. They are loyal to their homes not tribe, politics or whatever. Hubby, kids, family, first.

In the past Amhara emperors used to sought after Gurage women because of religious beliefs. Wa inu ninku qaba naag Gurage ah hadu rabo inu noqdo sida Mahdi oo kale.

Amhara women rarely marry from outside Ethiopians. If you can speak few Amharic words wa cadi mida ku qaban karta lakin hadad afka aqoonin stranger ba tahay dee.

Cuqdad ma qaban lakin way jacayl yahin luqadoda, tariikhdoda iyo dhaqankoga lakin cunsiriin maha.
Hawdian are you married to an Ethiopian women if you don't mind me asking?

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:11 am

^^No but I plan to tie the knot with one Amhara beauty.

They are decent women.

My first Xalimo was them and she was Tewahedo (Orthodox). Her mum who was half-Oromo, didn't mind us.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 am

Xabashi very good women alot of my cousins are marry to them.

balwarama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby balwarama » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:24 am

very sad to read this specialy coming from Somalis who are from Somalia proper i neva thought Somali people felt this inferior about themselves when it comes to habesha im Ogaden my family is from qabridahare and believe me we look down on them if one our girls in the rarest of occassions happens to get away with an ethiopian we disown her walahi. habashis are like garbage to us atleast they were until very recently im not so sure about now with Abdi Ilay and co claiming to be proud of being ethiopian. today I realised that we ogadens are noble and proud somalis nowonder we fought so hard against them that they only could defeat us with our own kind and even if we capiculate now its no problem because every other Somali have done it before us thou they were not under direct occupation unlike us. Somalis are abondoning their seat at the united nations for an occupation and the ones from waqooyi are actualy begging for it how low can one get in his inferiority complex but dont worry guys since they cannot tell us apart we will carry the baton of resistance for u guys and earn respect however ungrateful u will be we dont mind we see it as our duty to Somalinimo. when i was young and attending school in my occupied territories me and my young friends used to walk out every time the amharic teacher walks into the class it was our small way of showing that the occupation is not appreciated

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:40 am

If you consider xabashi christians to have more in common with you than a somali muslim than you need to check your beliefs and culture because it sure isnt islamic nor does there seem to be anything remotely somali about you. By the way "ajnabi" includes a wide array of disparate cultures. You can't speak about it as it's a monolith.

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 pm

If you consider xabashi christians to have more in common with you than a somali muslim than you need to check your beliefs and culture because it sure isnt islamic nor does there seem to be anything remotely somali about you. By the way "ajnabi" includes a wide array of disparate cultures. You can't speak about it as it's a monolith.
Most Somalis around me are salafis who believe anyone who isn't like them or agrees with them is a non-muslim. I myself am pretty westernized and definitely have a lot in common with a habesha person that is equally westernized and religion doesn't play a central role in their life. Somalis around me have no diversity in terms of their hobbies and personal interests/passions. I diverge from that ideal in many respects, and there's no issue in admitting that. That still doesn't make me any less Somali, however.

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Most Somalis around me are salafis who believe anyone who isn't like them or agrees with them is a non-muslim. I myself am pretty westernized and definitely have a lot in common with a habesha person that is equally westernized and religion doesn't play a central role in their life.
In that case you should have said a western person. If you're western then a xabashi christian or not will be alien to you, possibly as much as a Somali from the semi desert. From what i have experienced Somalis do come in all types, you'll find that there exists one type more frequently than others though. You will find Somali women that are westernised and one in particular in a somali home, most somalis born in the west are a mishmash anyway, and more often than not (even if religious) are very western in mentality, outlook and behaviour. Also there are plenty of non - religious somalis in the west.
Somalis around me have no diversity in terms of their hobbies and personal interests/passions. I diverge from that ideal in many respects, and there's no issue in admitting that. That still doesn't make me any less Somali, however.
I think we are less of a somali because of where we are raised. If you were raised in a somali household and are culturally western than what on earth would make you more similar to a western xabashi than any other ethnicity though?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.