Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does HarariBoy hate the Habesha when he himself is Habesha?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nawal9

Why does HarariBoy hate the Habesha when he himself is Habesha?

Postby Nawal9 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 am

All I see on this forum is him hating on the Habesha...Harari people ARE Habesha. I know many Harari people and they look nothing like Cushites/Somalis. They all have the same big eyes, light skin and curved nose that same as the Amhara, etc.

And they speak a Semitic language, very similar to Arabic.

They're just Muslim. That's it.

So HarariBoy, stop self hating yourself, be a proud Habesha. Ain't nothing wrong with being one. Consider yourself lucky, as Hawdian could only dream of having Xabashi blood flowing through his veins :lol: :lol: :lol:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Why does HarariBoy hate the Habesha when he himself is Habesha?

Postby AwRastaale » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:52 am

Naaya get off the drugs and riding so much guuz.

There is difference between Habesha and Ethiopians.

You nothing but scam troll stealing shoocilo with bull rings on their noses.

Hadi rabtid wax ku wassa mel kale ka radso, don't be typing Hawdian naaya.

Nawal9

Postby Nawal9 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:07 am

Naaya get off the drugs and riding so much guuz.

There is difference between Habesha and Ethiopians.

You nothing but scam troll stealing shoocilo with bull rings on their noses.

Hadi rabtid wax ku wassa mel kale ka radso, don't be typing Hawdian naaya.
I know there's a difference, Harari is Habesha. They have Habesha origins.

Revolutionary
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Revolutionary » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:13 am

The term "Habasha" is offensive to the semetic speaking Muslims because it associate with Christianity and because of history.

If you call a Muslim that term, they will disrespect you so avoid it. That's why he finds it insulting.

Nawal9

Postby Nawal9 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:14 pm

No

Hararboy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hararboy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:30 pm

All I see on this forum is him hating on the Habesha...Harari people ARE Habesha. I know many Harari people and they look nothing like Cushites/Somalis. They all have the same big eyes, light skin and curved nose that same as the Amhara, etc.

And they speak a Semitic language, very similar to Arabic.

They're just Muslim. That's it.

So HarariBoy, stop self hating yourself, be a proud Habesha. Ain't nothing wrong with being one. Consider yourself lucky, as Hawdian could only dream of having Xabashi blood flowing through his veins :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Im not Habesha, habesha is a cultural-religious identity, its not a race. You dont have to look like a mutt to be Habesha, most habeshas are cushitic with minor semitic ancestry anyway.
And when did I say I hated the Habeshas, if you saw my previous posts, you could probably say I hate Oromos more for taking my peoples land. But even then Ive never hated anyone for no reason. Its not in my nature to hate people for reasons of ethnic xenophobia. Ill only hate people if they give me a reason to hate them.
Hararis dont consider themelselves Habesha because we are an immigrant people with diverse origins. There are Oromo Hararis, Somali hararis, Gurage Hararis, Habesha Hararis, persian Hararis, turkish harari etc. We are an amalgam of Ethiopia. We have extremely light people who could pass as Arab, we have those who look like steriotypical Habesha and we have pure cushitic hararis. Theres no one Harari look. :stylin:
Last edited by Hararboy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Harari women are so beautiful I got to go harar anicent islamic city insha allah

LionOfHarar

Postby LionOfHarar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:31 am

Nawal hit it on the nail. I understand HararBoy's concern. But it is not a unanimous agreement between Harari's. Most Harari's do consider themselves as Habesha. But those that encouraged the Jebha in the Harar region don't. The term Habasha has a religious connotation to some. But the reality is, it's an ethnicity. The Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam called Bilal "al-Habashi". He was not linking him to Christians, but to his ethnicity. But this is the trend with many Ethio-Semitic groups where many in these ethnic groups tend to disassociate themselves from term Habesha because of not wanting to be linked and associated with Amhara Christians. Argobba's do it, Silte's do it, Harari elders do it, Tigre's do it, and the Jeberti's of Tigray do it as well. The Jeberti's of Ethiopia who are ethnically Amhara and Tigrawi Muslims do it. But when you listen to Harari historians, they admit the habesha name. But Harari politicians out right deny it. Many religious Harari's acknowledge it because they know Bilal was a habashi, Ashama was a habashi, the Habashis who visited the Prophet from Habasha in his lifetime were habashis, etc. Depending on who you speak to, you might get a different answer. Making Harari's, Argobba's, Silte's, Muslim Amhara and Tigrawi Habashis doesn't mean we are Christian Amhara. Historically, Arab historians never denied the "habashaness" of Muslim Habasha's. al-Maqrizi authored a famous book that he entitled "al-Ilmaam bi-akhbaari man bi ardil-habashati min muluk al-Islaam" which means "clearing up who in the land of Abyssinia is among the Kings of Islam." Imam as-Suyuti authored many books on Muslim Abyssinians like "Raf'u sha'n al-Hubshan." Sometimes we have to understand there is an actual definition to a term, but then there is also a political definition to a term. I as a Harari, say I'm Habasha, but in no way make an affiliation to Amhara people, other than we are ethio-semitic people.

Fee Amaanillaah

LionOfHarar

Postby LionOfHarar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:37 am

Oh boy the way, yes there are Harari's who are mixed with SOME Turkish, SOME oromo, SOME Somali, but the majority of Harari's are just that, Harari's who were known in the past as Harla. So, we are not an amalgam like HararBoy says, but we have some mixture just like any other ethnic group in Ethiopia.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.