Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hair Journey Update

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AnigaiyoAdiga
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Hair Journey Update

Postby AnigaiyoAdiga » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Sep 2014

Jan 2016

So 1 year and 4 months later?

I trim my hair regularly - around every 6 weeks. I use ACV solution as a shampoo (leave it in for an hour altho my hairdresser says 15 mins is sufficient) and half a fingernail of coconut oil as conditioner. Less is more. ACV solution is amazing because it is multi-purpose. It even gets rid of itchy scalp, dandruff etc.

I will not be going back to short hair. It was a one off thing. I was impulsive and going through a break up. :lol:

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:55 pm

My hair is now chin length and I have will no not use relaxer on my new virgin hair..

It's so thick and I no longer need the heavy duty protein products any longer coz I don't have breakage anymore :up:

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:23 pm

My hair is now chin length and I have will no not use relaxer on my new virgin hair..

It's so thick and I no longer need the heavy duty protein products any longer coz I don't have breakage anymore :up:
Trims help with breakage. What kind of relaxer did you use? I've only relaxed my hair once (Just For Me) and that was when I was like 8. My aunt did it for me.

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Trims help with breakage. What kind of relaxer did you use? I've only relaxed my hair once (Just For Me) and that was when I was like 8. My aunt did it for me.
Dark and lovely only one that doesn't burn my scalp.. affirm makes your hair grow like crazy but it burns my scalp quicktime

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Dark and lovely only one that doesn't burn my scalp.. affirm makes your hair grow like crazy but it burns my scalp quicktime
Do you trim your hair? Imo there is no need for relaxers iyo waxaas if you look after your hair properly and have a good regimen. It doesn't matter what texture your hair is. :up:

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah I do I trim every three months when I get a wash and set down at the student hair dressing salon for £5..

My hair is very thick and curly so I used as a way of doing my hair quicker and making it thinner if that makes sense

CountessOmer1

Postby CountessOmer1 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:33 am

I need to start trimming my the ends again they have gone a little out of control. I am also a follower of the sulphate-free revolution being in the Shea-moisturiser shampoo and conditioner crew, in addition to adhering to the conditioner only mid-week brigade.

Ps I started using the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow shampoo a couple of weeks ago. Lets see if it works. I'll give it 6 months.

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:36 am

I need to start trimming my the ends again they have gone a little out of control. I am also a follower of the sulphate-free revolution being in the Shea-moisturiser shampoo and conditioner crew, in addition to adhering to the conditioner only mid-week brigade.

Ps I started using the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow shampoo a couple of weeks ago. Lets see if it works. I'll give it 6 months.
Trimming makes a big big difference walahi. You will see the growth more and your ends will look a lot better. :)

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:02 am

Homemade protein deep conditioning treatment once a week, apply coconut oil\olive oil\ when I stay home, trim, braid my hair often , eat healty, take my vitamins and no heat!!! I did not use heat for more than three years, and it was so worth it.

I use the "mixed chicks" products sometimes and it work wonders. I have heard about the Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, I will try it out too. I have done this for some years, and my hair is tailbone length. It takes a lot of effort, I'm considering to cut it off now and rock a short curly bob hair style.

So happy I found this thread xxxxx

anonymous34

Postby anonymous34 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 pm

i cut 6 inches of my hair 2 months ago. It was up to my waist and its now up to my shoulders. I wanted a nice trim. Ive been massaging castor oil with my hair for 1 month and ive already grown 2 inches.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.