Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ladies, As a bride

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Ladies, As a bride

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:54 am

Would you wear any of the below or any from her site? I don't believe in white wedding dresses, why pay homage to Christian culture lol HOWEVER... I stumbled on this site today.

http://shukrihashi.com

Would you mix it up and ever wear any of these styled dresses?

I'd modify each a touch but I definitely think this is a cool idea. So many pretty dresses!

What do you think?

I'm so in love! :lupe:
Last edited by EvolSyawla on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

QaxootiWaaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Ladies, As a bride

Postby QaxootiWaaxid » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 am

yes I love the first one !!! :heart: :heart: :-O

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:55 am

Is this a hypothetical question for Snet. maidens, or is our chief resident bachelorette about to sign the dotted lines of an actual connubial contract?

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 am

Neither, it's a 'would you consider wearing one of these dresses/hido iyo dhaqan styled like this' question. :)

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Wow that's an amazing design number 1 for me :up:

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Beautiful dresses :heart:

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:42 pm

I see and appreciate what the designer is tryna do, but I'm not feeling any of them. :|

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:37 am

lol They are a bit too busy. That's why I said I'd have it modified.

Are you not into it because you don't like the cross-over...or just the style that it was done? :) I think it's exciting - forces women to reconsider the white dress.

I had a girlfriend tell me 'don't you want a traditional white dress?'. Traditional for who?? lol Anyways that's why I really appreciate this alternative.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Wow this is amazing; glad to see more options for our lovely brides. I mixed it up myself for my wedding; traditional and white wedding dress.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:29 am

If you have a picture, can I see? :oops: It was two outfits right?

I'm thinking of having a nice diric and then one of the above types lol So typical lol. :pac:

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:20 pm

If you have a picture, can I see? :oops: It was two outfits right?

I'm thinking of having a nice diric and then one of the above types lol So typical lol. :pac:
Yes 2 outfits, it's nice to do a mix of both, makes your wedding fun and interesting for u and your guests.. no pictures here :lol:

Abuabdirahman

Postby Abuabdirahman » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:41 am

Black american teacher living in saudi seeks wife. Im 54.

QaxootiWaaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby QaxootiWaaxid » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Black american teacher living in saudi seeks wife. Im 54.
hey there zaddy 8-)

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:43 pm

What a creative designer :up:
I wore a dirac and the white wedding dress during my wedding party but for the shaash saar I wore two traditional somali dresses (the sawaacil aka alindi and a white traditional guntiino with the long beaded necklace ).

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:05 am

Nice Vivacious! So 4 outfits total. Did you make your bridal party have 4 outfits too? Are they suppose to? lol I've seen some weddings where the bride changed but the girls wore the same diric for the whole wedding.

Story time:
I actually saw a salon with these exact photos out front named Habon Nura in Hargeisa, on the main road at the bottom of togdheer. Worst mistake ever. I went in and it took me a moment to realize there was literally the most putrid smell of feces. Walahi I looked around to see if someone left the washroom open - it was hot kaka stench everywhere....ugh *shudders*.

So anyways, I ask them if they have the dresses they're advertising out front (maybe they knew the designer or purchased a few dresses? Maybe even had something similar?) NO.

She looks at me like she doesn't understand saying no this is a salon...we don't have any dresses. So I say then why are you advertising dresses. She said those are hido iyo dhaqan. Well no fkng duh. I say....Okay so you don't even rent dresses? She looks at me like *I'M* crazy and says no.
So I said some uncharacteristically rude things, but it's only because my blood pressure was rising from the stench.

My mom and I basically run out, and as soon as we have fresh air, hooyo explains that's the bleach. I couldn't believe it. Hooyo explained that's the smell that radiates from them all the time if they use it regularly.

THAT'S WHAT SOME SISTERS ARE USING ON THEIR SKIN? FOR A MAN? HOW DOES THEIR HUSBAND GO NEAR THEM?

I'll never understand.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.