Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daroor

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Daroor

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:01 pm

The town is getting its second deep water well. It should be completed in the coming weeks.

It also received about 12 new berkado.

Below is the first well which my family uses to water a farm there.

The big pile of sand is the deep water dam/baali. It is about 15-20m deep and roughly with a surface area of 4500m^2-5000m^2. Quite big dam.

Here is the rig drilling the new well

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=58DE8008

We have huge land in Gosayga and would be fantastic if we could drill there.

Gosayga is more dense bush than Daroor. It is almost overran by galool vegetations. You cannot even see your neighbors.

There are no granwaa trees unlike Daroor.

One reason is Daroor was once refugee camp and they chopped all the native trees while NGOs imported garanwaa seeds. That's not the case just 10km southeast in the Gosayga direction.

Here the landscape is rich with lots of native trees; galool, foox, qansax, cadaad and pasture.

There are no charcoal traders either. They are outlawed.
Last edited by AwRastaale on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Daroor

Postby Siciid85 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Masha Allah, this is Awrastaale, Siciid85, hoobariska, Kalil country.

Waa dhulka an ku barbaray

Musa26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Musa26 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:16 pm

love it. been there once enroute to kaam abokor

awrastaale this your home town sxb?

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:27 pm

love it. been there once. i was on my way to kaam abokor to visit the reer abtiyaal

awrastaale this your home town sxb?

Nice sxb. When was this?

I don't really call it home town because I have been there only five or six times but again I have not lived in Africa longer than 10 years.

I was born in Aw Barkhadle, spent three years in Hawd from Webi-Cade to Lebida and Shekhookh...used to love Lebida coz it has this little jungle where the lebi tree grows wild. I used to try to make bakorad :mrgreen:

I have been to Degehbur, Dekada (damn that was first time I saw so many cows, wixi galbeed dekada ka xiga wa loo dhaqasho)...Rabaso and all.

Anyways I have families in those places and we own farms, berkado and sandaqado.

So I don't really call any of them home town but Daroor was our first presence more than 100 years ago for my family (first berkad).

Daroor was lush before the refugees. It was full of mosquitoes coz mel kasta waxa fadhisan jiray biiyo.

Musa26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Musa26 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:47 pm

legend !

i was there last year. the landscape is awesome one thing i noticed is both daroor and kaam abokor have redish ciid

i was thinking why does this place feel like home?!

i then remembered i was a geeljire in his natural habitat kkkk

whats the demographics? anigu waxan islahaa meeshu waa daanta reer yusuf :lol:

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:00 am

Woow last year huh!!

That's fresh cuzz.

I love the red sand that's just high in nutrients and would boom crazy if we were to practice farming on large scale.

It is rich soil.

Demographics? As in reeraha dega?

You know qabil is my weakest walee hahahahaha.

I would say Daroor is mainly Yonis and Abdalle isxaaq.

Gosayga is isxaaq majority.

Rabaaso is Yonis majority.

Damn I remember Rabaaso sxb in the south side waxa ku yala dooxo ama baan cad oo biyahu fadhistan...just below that are all these crazy farms.

Shout out!

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:23 am

Yonis(Ciidagale) and Isxaaq is who mostly settles in Daroor. There are also sprinkles if various Ciidagale and HY that live there as well.

The rich reddish Hawd sand is good for farming and grazing. There is nothing like it. Even the folks from The area are much more attractive than those found in Guban and Oogo regions. Don't know why

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:35 am

Well we need to come up with a solution for the soil erosion and land degradations.

If we create a series of terraces, plant more trees and add charcoal (direct to the soil), we can change the landscape.

It has enough vegetation and does receive good amount of rain but all the water become runoff and the top soil goes with it.

The nomads should either grass designated areas or settle in specific area rather than roaming around all over the land.

Like all living things the land needs time to rejuvenate and restore nutrients.

In none-Somali society, you don't have the livestock issue that we have because in other societies they either herd cattle, sheep or goats so animals don't all cut down vegetation because there are trees and plants they cannot reach.

We Somalis on the other hand we have goats, sheep, cattle and donkeys eating off the low vegetations while camels take out the top trees.

Once the trees go, so do the rest because in most cases trees not only shade lower plants, provide nutrients but they store water for them too.

I am a fan of this Chinese method of farming called DO NOTHING FARMING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGS2sfIfXU
Last edited by AwRastaale on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:40 am

Yeah Aw rastaale that is great idea sxb. Laakin I wanna tell you and Muse that there is a land South of where you have been that you have yet to see. Wali Geelii Rer Sugule and Baha Ismail maydaan arag. I am talking about land that equivalent to the distance between Hargeisa and erigavo, the deep Hawd.

I have gone so deep into Hawd until I reached Carro Ogaden. I went to areas where central Somalia was closer than Somaliland border

Maroodijex
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Maroodijex » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:58 am

I am from Kaam Abokor and have been to Daror mutiple times. From what I remember Daror was more calm and more advanced Refugee camp than Kaam Abokor. In fact, the schools were much more modern and advanced at least what I remember.

What I hated most was the qocondhada. It got f*cking huge spikes and will come through you shoes. There were too much Gumur trees as well with their need sized spikes.

What is with trees with spikes in our country?

Timiro1999
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Timiro1999 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:00 am

Dee Xaajiyo Timiro xageed uga tagtay :lol: geelayga ayaa Hawd guntii daaqee.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:10 am

I am from Kaam Abokor and have been to Daror mutiple times. From what I remember Daror was more calm and more advanced Refugee camp than Kaam Abokor. In fact, the schools were much more modern and advanced at least what I remember.

What I hated most was the qocondhada. It got f*cking huge spikes and will come through you shoes. There were too much Gumur trees as well with their need sized spikes.

What is with trees with spikes in our country?
All the damn African trees got thorns. It's as if everything in Africa is designed to kill, hurt, harm, attack even DAMN trees!

Qansax, galool, cadaad, garanwaa have thorns but I do say the worst ones are from qudhac (especially the acacia drepanolobium species), galool or cadaad.

My favorites were maygaag, Lebi and lamalooshe.

xiimaaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xiimaaya » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:17 am

Dhuulkas loos beautiful I wan to build as house and a ranch someday..

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Dee Xaajiyo Timiro xageed uga tagtay :lol: geelayga ayaa Hawd guntii daaqee.
Ajaja Timiro wallee waa runta. Masha Allah Garxajis princess :rose:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Look how Somaliland can move forward by uniting with Ethiopia if god forbid our independence is no longer viable. Never share with wanlaweyn even a toilet :lol:

Masha allah we GX have blessed deegaans within dhulka Itoobiyaa

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.