Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ethnic cleansing in Juboyinka circa mid 80's

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: The Ethnic cleansing in Juboyinka circa mid 80's

Postby Voltage » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Metamorphis,

Isdaji bro Absame are My kin I don’t see them as my enemies. That said to say that MSB AUN of all people tried to ‘ethnically cleanse’ Ogadeen is fckin ludicrous and I could not let that slide.

Btw My Mother was born in Baardheere, but forget My Mother You could mention even My Grandfather’s name anywhere in Baardheere and its gold. He was the Qaadi kf Baardheere and any Reer Baardheere regardless of clan knows Him.
Your grandfather was the most respected Qadi southern Somalia history as the Qadi of Baardheere. Little do these boys know people used to come from Baydhaba and Kismaayo for his gar. :up:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Sometimes there’s absolutely no point in these discussions, proving Marehan have lived Jubbaland from Jubbada hose to Gedo for close to two centuries to these conspiracists is like trying to convince a flat earther that the world is round. You just pat them on the shoulder with “god bless u’ and keep it moving.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Metamorphis,

Isdaji bro Absame are My kin I don’t see them as my enemies. That said to say that MSB AUN of all people tried to ‘ethnically cleanse’ Ogadeen is fckin ludicrous and I could not let that slide.

Btw My Mother was born in Baardheere, but forget My Mother You could mention even My Grandfather’s name anywhere in Baardheere and its gold. He was the Qaadi kf Baardheere and any Reer Baardheere regardless of clan knows Him.

Even when unequivocal evidence is presented, you lot still insist on arguing for no reason and making false claims.

Funny how OG was removed from baardheere in 88-90, exactly the time SPM was formed and was in operation. humm I wonder what happened there?

Quit arguing, quit denying. Marehan used the government to remove ogaden out of baardheere, probably as retribution by msb for SPM. they did the same with raxanwayns. They were minority pre 69, and by 1990 they became majority, something must've happened in 1969, surely? Explain how that one happened?

I'd like to see how you guys spin this one. These guys wanna type whatever shuban that comes to their mind and expect not to be challenged.

Before siyad barre, Gedo wasn't a region, MX lived with Ogadens and raxanwayns/digil n midhifles as guests.
before siyad barre, they were minority in baardhere.

I have proved both with verifiable evidence, and all the rebuke I got was "no that isn't true, we were there for 3 centuries" etc. etc...
Like it's easy to change a written history with your mouths.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Hahah ignore him folks, next he will claim Beled Xaawo was OG what a delusional people. Worry about Abdi Iley facing the axe.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:14 pm

walee waa yaab. I am actually more concerned with the truth here, I am providing evidence for what I say yet it's he folks that spit vomit shuban who are telling me I am being disingenuous.

here are MX on snet when faced with facts. :lol:

My job here is done.

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Sometimes there’s absolutely no point in these discussions, proving Marehan have lived Jubbaland from Jubbada hose to Gedo for close to two centuries to these conspiracists is like trying to convince a flat earther that the world is round. You just pat them on the shoulder with “god bless u’ and keep it moving.
That is the greatest lie ever.
There was no Marexan in J hoose Marexan were in upper Jubba and not even in Middle Jubba .Tell me where they were leaving for two centuries maybe in the moon.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 pm

This kid Meta came late to copy and paste. Listen little bro, you need to learn the different types of research. You rely a lot on PARTICIPANT OBSERVATION ethnographic research.

Basically one refugee agency comes (in this case your article cites a junior UNPOS researcher) and interviews people. The type of person they interview yields the type of information they write. Keep in mind there were no official census and nothing tangible to go off of, so ethnographic researchers utilize something called PARTICIPANT OBSERVATION in cases like this.

This means they rely on what the person they interview observed and for Somalis, what we observe is highly prejudiced by clan and emotion.

Now compare participant observation to first person account.

A modern day Rahanweyn says Siad Barre brought Marehan to Luuq (Participant Observation) while a British colonial officer in charge of Luuq in 1923 writes Marehan were the dominant clan (First Person account).

Your participant observation research says Marehan didn't live in Baardheere yet we have first person British accounts of Marehan in Baardheere raiding the British encampment on the Jubba River.

Anyways why are we talking about Baardheere and Luuq when Marehan are in Beerxaani, Goobweyn, Janay Cabdalle, and Bilis Qooqaani in Lower Jubba let alone took over the entire north third of Middle Jubba?

Ogaden are always welcome to live with us though? I would even welcome you to Garbahaaray which is where my subclan of reer Siyaad Diini lives in Gedo :up:
Last edited by Voltage on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 pm

That is the greatest lie ever.
There was no Marexan in J hoose Marexan were in upper Jubba and not even in Middle Jubba .Tell me where they were leaving for two centuries maybe in the moon.
Just Marehan/Talxe had more camels than all of Absame and up to the coast

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby metamorphosis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 pm

I see I have resurrected voltage at last. glad to see you be you fam, I was getting tired of your fake wadanimo, and your drift from taking part in these types of discussions, something you've quit the moment farmaajo was elected. Weird coincidence. :lol:

Anyways, you just proved my point. Let me give you an example of what you guys are doing.

Ogadend live in garbaharay, Luuq, make the majority in doolow and are heavily represented in beledxaawo and ceelwaaq. The first people the british encountered in Gedo were ogaden, particularly my subclan, Mohamed Subayr. Why are you even bringing up bilis qooaani when we make majority in all but few regions in Gedo?

No need to argue anyway, you are more than welcome in my lands from kismayo to doolow, and as MX, I'll welcome you like my brother. :mrgreen:

Everyone, ignore this guy, he seems to be confused and ill informed.

Does that qualify as a rebuke? That's what you and the rest mx are doing. no evidence, just blabbering.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Meta, I want a stable and prosperous Jubbaland. I live in a city where I work and interact with White, Black, Asian, Latino and am friends with Jews, Christians, Muslims, non-Believers. Just on my street I have Asian, White, etc neighbors.

It's not being fake wadani when I say wallahi I am fine with Ogaden, Gaaljecel, Somali Bantu, Sheeqaal, Raxanweyn living anywhere in Jubbaland State as citizens of the State. Welcome to Garbahaaray! Baardeere! Luuq! Beled-Xaawo!

I was just correcting the history. I never said one can't be proud of his clan or whatever, but the civil war era and fights and deaths and barakac...are things I tremendously regret partaking in its talks.

I am glad you would welcome me to your home as I would welcome you to my home. Like I said before, my youngest brother is on vacation in Kismaayo and just as he is free to be there and enjoy his time, I want every Somali kid his age to be free anywhere in the country and enjoy their time.

As reer Jubbaland, we need to advance reconciliation and realize building instead of destroying, uniting instead of dividing, etc. We need to appreciate our clan and occupational diversity. It is a strength we have so many clans in our state and have nomads, farmers, fisherman, etc. We need to unite and saying this city is majority my clan does NOTHING for me. I hope you understand that.

nine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby nine » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Metamorph

Go stick your fake news where the sun don't shine and don't forget your meds

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:49 am

Metamorph

Go stick your fake news where the sun don't shine and don't forget your meds
Warya the only fake news is you.

Voltage put your breathrens in line we can't keep on recycling old karbashed every decade. We settled our scores in 2006 and I guess I will not post any other links to prove my case again.

But since you folks are good at posting sources bring me tangible evidence that MSB settled Ogaden in JL that he flew them from the Ogaden during the 1972 drought in goboladha dhexe lets close this case now.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.