Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Omar mohamud subclans

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Omar mohamud subclans

Postby Daleys » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:00 am

It was on the News a sub clan who claimed they were HJ who settle with Mj, even their sultan and elders went to Hargaisa, that’s what they claimed. They said we will move from Bari to Isaaq lands.

I can bring you the news.

Yes Leelkase do inhabit Bari & Nugaal, they even settle the Border of Sool & Nugaal at Taleex district which they built a new settlement.

Mj can live in Goldogob & Dhegaxbur (although a Minority’s lol) & Leelkase can be in Nugaal & Bari.
Also those who live in bari and nugaal are minority
It is well known that bari is majority cali salebaan
Cismaan maxamuud dishiishe siwaqroon and other MJs
Nugaal is majority cisse mohamud although cumar maxamud live in burtinle also rer cumar amanle and bah dubeys of cismaan maxamuud inhabit nugaal
I don't know of sool
But I heard other harti like kaskiqabe and libaangashe live there as well

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:45 am

Majerteen -2.5 million
Dhulbahante -1 million
Warsangeli -0.8 million
Dishiishe -0.3 million
Kaskiqabe +libangashe +gul harti -0.15 million
Tiinle +maganlabe +gabtaanle -0.15 million
That is close estimate of harti population
Anything lower or higher than that is just a Propaganda

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:18 pm

We can only speculate and estimate since there is no census, but personally i use UN population estimates and i think the entire somali ethnic group is about 24 million max globally - Somalia (12m), Ethiopia (6m), Kenya (2m), Djibouti (1m), diaspora (1m).

The Darod account for about 40% of the Somali ethnic group - Somalia (4m), Ethiopia (4m), Kenya (1m). Globally is impossible to estimate.

In comparison the Isaaq are about 3 million max. 2.4 million in somalia and 600k in ethiopia.

And the Hawiye is about 5 million.

Rahanweyn is 3 million.

And the rest is 4 million.

Of the Darod the Ogaden are by far the most numerous followed by the Harti. Of the Harti MJ are the most numerous followed by Dhulos. Realistically speaking i think the dhulos are about 700k max globally Whilst the MJ are just over a million globally. 500k in northern Somalia, 100k in ethiopia and the rest is in kismayo and the rest of the world.

Harti in total i think is about 2.5 million, ogaden 5 million, and mahren 1 million, other darods 500k.

Anyway before my head is bitten of these i just my estimate. I could be completely wrong.

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:52 pm

We can only speculate and estimate since there is no census, but personally i use UN population estimates and i think the entire somali ethnic group is about 24 million max globally - Somalia (12m), Ethiopia (6m), Kenya (2m), Djibouti (1m), diaspora (1m).

The Darod account for about 40% of the Somali ethnic group - Somalia (4m), Ethiopia (4m), Kenya (1m). Globally is impossible to estimate.

In comparison the Isaaq are about 3 million max. 2.4 million in somalia and 600k in ethiopia.

Rahanweyn is 3 million.

Of the Darod the Ogaden are by far the most numerous followed by the Harti. Of the Harti MJ are the most numerous followed by Dhulos. Realistically speaking i think the dhulos are about 700k max globally Whilst the MJ are just over a million globally. 500k in northern Somalia, 100k in ethiopia and the rest is in kismayo and the rest of the world.

Harti in total i think is about 2.5 million, ogaden 5 million, and mahren 1 million, other darods 500k.

Anyway before my head is bitten of these i just my estimate. I could be completely wrong.
Sharmarke how will you estimate warsangeli and dishiishe?

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:30 am

MX is more than Harti minus MJs. Lol

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:56 am

Rahanweyn is 3 million.

I don't know about dashishe, all i know is they live in bosaso and its vicinity.

But the Warsangeli is the most under estimated clan i think, they are about 400k to 500k roughly in my opinion.

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:14 am

Rahanweyn is 3 million.

I don't know about dashishe, all i know is they live in bosaso and its vicinity.

But the Warsangeli is the most under estimated clan i think, they are about 400k to 500k roughly in my opinion.
How about wabeneye of majerteen I think they are also underestimated
Maybe 100,000

PanSomaliNationalist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PanSomaliNationalist » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:23 am

You f-king retards Somalis in the horn are 20M

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:37 am

Maybe 100,000
I don't know about Wabeneye either sxb, i've only ever met 1 person from that clan. I doubt their 100k though lol, even the 3 mohamoud Salebaan aren't 100k individually.

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:38 am

Maybe 100,000
I don't know about Wabeneye either sxb, i've only ever met 1 person from that clan. I doubt their 100k though lol, even the 3 mohamoud Salebaan aren't 100k individually.
Sxb
Wabeneye are laandere
They own many businesses in Kenya uganda and zambia
They also live in big numbers in diaspora and arab world

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:23 pm

The entire population of puntland is not above a million , and the Daarood in the south maybe around 1.2 million , maximum in the somali republic the Daarood maybe close to 2 million and thats logic . The Cagdheer in Ethiopia are not more or less then the Majeerteen , maximum Cagdheer around 800k , total more or less around 3 million, all Daarood are around 23% of somali populations , in every census post colonial or colonial the Daarood are the least of the largest 3 clans. the rest is faan-mafrish.

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:38 pm

The entire population of puntland is not above a million , and the Daarood in the south maybe around 1.2 million , maximum in the somali republic the Daarood maybe close to 2 million and thats logic . The Cagdheer in Ethiopia are not more or less then the Majeerteen , maximum Cagdheer around 800k , total more or less around 3 million, all Daarood are around 23% of somali populations , in every census post colonial or colonial the Daarood are the least of the largest 3 clans. the rest is faan-mafrish.
X.playa
How about wabeneye MJ
I think they are underestimated
Many people think they are not large but they are
Comparable to rer mahad of cumar maxamud
Size wise

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Waali cas! Lol

:lol:

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Maybe 100,000
Sxb
Wabeneye are laandere
They own many businesses in Kenya uganda and zambia
They also live in big numbers in diaspora and arab world
Lol Just because a clan is wealthy, doesnt mean their numerous too sxb.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:12 pm

X.playa
How about wabeneye MJ
I think they are underestimated
Many people think they are not large but they are
Comparable to rer mahad of cumar maxamud
Size wise
who the hell is Wabayneye? , all i know they are small MJ sub clans , and they hardly matter in the calculus of Daaroodism add the Mareexaan to that too , these laangaab small sub clans matter little.

The old Habar Yoonis poet put it aptly describing all Laan-gaabs.

Qanjidh hilbaa waa ku jiraa qeyb se gali waaye.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.