Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Omar mohamud subclans

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
maygaag60

Re: Omar mohamud subclans

Postby maygaag60 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Omar Maxamud is = to Dhulos? That’s caqliga Majeerteen.

If Mudug is 593K what about Habar Gidir? Marexaan? Leelkase? Awrtable? Meheri? Madhiban? Dir? Sheikhal?

Sool was estimated at 330K excluding Caynabo it’s 300K plus Sanaag & Togdheer you have another 150K Plus Doolo & Jubboyinka another 100K and the Diaspora another 50K, Dhulos could be 600K Majeerteen maybe 750K.

Ogaden 2 Million
Jidwaaq 400K
Aweyteen, Balcaad, Gilamays another 300K
Warsangeli 300K
Dhulos 600K
MJ 750K
Marexaan 800K
Geri 400K
Leelkase 200K
Awrtable 50K
Dashishle 100K
Facaye, Kaskiqabe, Jambeel, Ciise, Libaan Gashe, Geesi Guule, other Tanades. 100K

Darood is at least 1/3 of Somalis which is around 6 Million
I said North Mudug, which is the PL controlled Gaalkacyo district, Jarriiban district and Galdogob district. Leelkase dominate Galdogob (80K), CM dominate Jarriiban (81K). PL controlled Gaalkacyo district is 390K, with the majority being CM! The city is CM, Leelkase, Reer Biciidyahan and smaller clans (in that specific order). But the district is a lot larger, and almost every town outside GLK is exclusively Cumar Maxamuud. From Beyra to Bacaadweyn to Xarfo to Balibusle etc. Atleast 200K in Gaalkacyo is CM, 70K in Jarriiban (-dir), atleast 20K in Galdogob (Buur Saalax is CM!), 65K in Buurtinle, atleast 70K in DDSI etc is CM. That gives us 425K inside Greater Somalia.

Add that to the fact that CM is by far the largest MJ diaspora, dominating the most densely populated regions somalis reside ie Minneapolis, Gothenburg etc. Which gives atleast 50K. Total: close to 0.5M. Your estimation of DH: 0.6M. Not much different.

I used to be very skeptic when the elders I used to speak to would tell me CM and DH are similar population wise. I used to argue that MS and DH would be similar population wise. It seems that the elders had it right now when the population of each clans regions can be compared.

Walaal waxaasi Caqli Gaal maaha, Dhulos iyo CM iskuma dhaawa.

Go check Galkaacyo on Google Map that place does not exceed 150K somalida over exaggerate things.

The UN estimated the whole Mudug Region at 717K
Urban 381K (Big towns including Galkacyo), rural 79K villages.
Nomads 185K IDPs 70K (Majority D&M, Bantu & Southerners)

Baal 717K waxaad Uu qaybisa, Leelkase, Omar M, Bicidyahan, Gumaasoor, reer maxamuud Nux Jibrahil, Madhiban, Awrtable, Sheikhal, Wagrdhac, arab salaax, Sacad, Salebaan, Saruur, Dir, Madhiban, And Idps
Google Maps hadday noqoto Xaafada Israac iyo Buurtinle iyo Bacaadweyn baan soo qaadan halka adigu aad Laascaanood iyo Buuhoodle la shir imaan doontid, inaysan xitaa isku dhawayn na waad ogtahaye armay kuu roontahay inaadan ku degdegin!

Wlle I'm not speaking about cities! I clearly said Gaalkacyo distric which includes the rural population. Not my estimation but the UN, which divided Mudug into North and South (PL and GM), and estimated NORTH Mudug at 593K and SOUTH Mudug at 124K. Again, not my estimation. With that, I do not have to include: Sacad, Saleebaan, Saruur, etc.

The only clans with significant population in PL controlled Mudug is: Cumar Maxamuud, Leelkase, Reer Biciidyahan, Majeerteen yaryare, and to some extent Dir (Surre) and Carab Saalax. Awrtable are found in numbers in Buurtinle district. Mareexaan are very tiny population wise in PL controlled Mudug.

Jarriiban district is with no doubt almost exclusively CM apart for some Dir. It has a population of 80K. Galdogob district is Leelkase majority with significant CM presence as the second largest town, Buur Saalax, is CM. It has a population of 80K. Left is Gaalkacyo District which apart from Gaalkacyo also includes: Beyra, Bacaadweyn, Balibusle, Xarfo, Beer Dhagaxtuur etc which are all CM. Cagaaran is Biciidyahan. What are the towns other clans inhabit in Galkacyo district?

PL controlled Gaalkacyo is majority CM. Only someone who has not been to the city or is purposely trying to mislead would claim otherwise. There is a reason why CM has 12 seats, Leelkase 5, Biciidyahan 3 in the district council.

Gaalkacyo district is 390K. For the sake of argument let's say that CM only makes up 40% (!) despite living exclusively in the towns under the district and forming the majority of the city! That gives us 156K. Add 60K from Jarriiban and 20K from Galdogob. That is 236K out of 730K in Mudug. Then add 50K from Burtinle and 70K from DDSI. Total amount is 356K. Add diaspora and JL.

For North Mudug: 593K - 70K IDP - 236K CM = 287K left for Leelkase, Biciidyahan, MJ yaryare, Surre, Carab Saalax and MX. A bit too much if the reality on the ground is considered. But I'll accept it for the sake of the argument.

60K in Galdogob + 60K in Gaalkacyo = 120K for Leelkase. Biciidyahan = 60K. The rest are small population wise individually and make up the rest of the 107K together.

I think this is a very honest estimation and if you've been to Mudug, I'm sure you would agree.

One last thing: Many clans living in a place doesn't mean they live there in numbers. There are MJ/HY nomads in Sool, Fiqishini living ther etc but they are omitted when counting clan population as they do not make up a significant number.

maygaag60

Postby maygaag60 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:57 pm

Hennystreak and PrinceNugaalHawd,

If you want to discuss clan populations I'm all for it, but for the discussion to be fruitful let's agree on the following:

1) Stating which source one is using: UN 2014, General Survey, older estimations or censuses etc
2) Clearly explaining how one arrives at his conclusion

or else it will just be number throwings like the OP claiming Reer Mahad is 250K or Hennystreak claiming Naaleeye Axmed = Cumar Maxamud.

Can we agree on that?

My estimation:
CM ~ 400K,
DH ~ 600K

I've already explained Cumar Maxamuud. State if you have any objections so we can discuss them and then discuss your estimations.

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:13 pm

If you want to discuss clan populations I'm all for it, but for the discussion to be fruitful let's agree on the following:

1) Stating which source one is using: UN 2014, General Survey, older estimations or censuses etc

or else it will just be number throwings like the OP claiming Reer Mahad is 250K or Hennystreak claiming Naaleeye Axmed = Cumar Maxamud.

Can we agree on that?

My estimation:
CM ~ 400K,
DH ~ 600K

I've already explained Cumar Maxamuud. State if you have any objections so we can discuss them and then discuss your estimations.
That is why I stated that majerten are near 2 million
Cumar maxamud ~400k
Cisse mohamud ~300K
Cismaan maxamuud ~250K
Ali saleban ~200K
Biciidyahan ~200K
Siwaqroon ~100K
Ali jibraahil ~100K
Ismaciil salebaan ~100K
Rer maxamud ~100K
Other majerteen will fill the rest

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Can we agree on that?

My estimation:
CM ~ 400K,
DH ~ 600K

Walaal waxaasi caqli gaal maha, 400K CM and 1.2 M Maxamud Salebaan this means MJ alone is 3 Million caqli Gaal maha. 600K Dhulos, 300K Warsan, 100K Dash, 200K Leelkase, 50K Awrtable, 100K rest, 750K MJ. PL Population 2M plus 500K Non Puntlanders. 2.5 Million

360K Max Maxamud Saleebaan
400K rest of MJ

120K Omar Maxamud

maygaag60

Postby maygaag60 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Can we agree on that?

My estimation:
CM ~ 400K,
DH ~ 600K

That is why I stated that majerten are near 2 million
Cumar maxamud ~400k
Cisse mohamud ~300K
Cismaan maxamuud ~250K
Ali saleban ~200K
Biciidyahan ~200K
Siwaqroon ~100K
Ali jibraahil ~100K
Ismaciil salebaan ~100K
Rer maxamud ~100K
Other majerteen will fill the rest
This looks much better :up:

maygaag60

Postby maygaag60 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Can we agree on that?

My estimation:
CM ~ 400K,
DH ~ 600K

Walaal waxaasi caqli gaal maha, 400K CM and 1.2 M Maxamud Salebaan this means MJ alone is 3 Million caqli Gaal maha. 600K Dhulos, 300K Warsan, 100K Dash, 200K Leelkase, 50K Awrtable, 100K rest, 750K MJ. PL Population 2M plus 500K Non Puntlanders. 2.5 Million

400K rest of MJ

120K Omar Maxamud
Walaal caqli gal iyo caqli gal la'aan tay noqoto ba, do you agree with my two points so this discussion becomes fruitful? Nin waxgarad ah oo runta jecel yaad ila egtahay and that's why I want to engage with you. But throwing around numbers is not satisfactory for me. I have heard people comparing Reer Khalaf and DH kkkkkkk and other comparing a DH sub with MJ. Everbody can say what is not true. Let's have a discussion beyond number throwings.

By the way, what population would you estimate the following DH subs?

Hagar Aadan
Cali Geri
Jaamac Siyaad
Naalleeye Axmed
Nuur Axmed
Bahararsame
Barkad
Xassan Ugaas

Keep in mind you estimated whole of Reer Cigale 50K!

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Can we agree on that?

My estimation:
CM ~ 400K,
DH ~ 600K

400K rest of MJ

120K Omar Maxamud
Walaal caqli gal iyo caqli gal la'aan tay noqoto ba, do you agree with my two points so this discussion becomes fruitful? Nin waxgarad ah oo runta jecel yaad ila egtahay and that's why I want to engage with you. But throwing around numbers is not satisfactory for me. I have heard people comparing Reer Khalaf and DH kkkkkkk and other comparing a DH sub with MJ. Everbody can say what is not true. Let's have a discussion beyond number throwings.

By the way, what population would you estimate the following DH subs?

Hagar Aadan
Cali Geri
Jaamac Siyaad
Naalleeye Axmed
Nuur Axmed
Bahararsame
Barkad
Xassan Ugaas

Keep in mind you estimated whole of Reer Cigale 50K!
200K Mohamoud Garaad
(15K Omar Wacays, 5K Nur Maxamud, 5K Higis Maxamud, 40K Jamac siyaad 135K Ugaadhyahan Siyaad (60K Naleye, 30K Nuur, 20K M Ugaadhyahan, 20K Wacays Abdule, Shirwac 5K)

215K Garaad Faarax, Bahararsame 35K, Barkad 45K, 10K (Garaad Yasin & Ali Garaad) Axmed Garaad 120K (Ali Geri 30K, Cigaal Naleye 10K, Wacays Adan 15K, Odala Samakab Axmed 10K Xasan 5K, Farax Adan 5K, Arale Mahad 10K, Hagar 40K)

Baha Nugaaleed 200K 30K Qayaad, Hassan Ugaas 35K, Xamud Ugaas 10K, Khalid 25K, Hayaag 25K, Yahye 25K Maxamud Ugaas 10K rest 40K (Yonis 5K, Barre 5K, Abokor 5K, Hinjiile 5K, Axmed Sicid 5K, Ebiraar 5K, Hussein Ugaas 5K, Mohamed Muuse 5K)

Mj

Omar Maxamud 200K
Ciise Maxamuud 100K
Cusman Maxamud 100K
Ali Salebaan 40K
Siwaqroon 30K
Bicidyahan 35K
Wabenye 15K
Ugaar Salebaan 30K
Reer Maxamud 20K
Gumasor 10K
Abdiraxiin 10K
Nuux Jibril 10K
100K rest of MJ

Daleys
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Daleys » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Guys be serious
Cumar maxamud alone is 400k
Rer mahad 80K
Rer khalaf 60K
Rer hirsi 50K
Cabdi cisse 40K
Mohamed cumar 30K
Rer adan 20K
Rer cali maxamed 10K
Ibrahim cumar 10k
Other remaining 15 cumar maxamud subclans combined maybe 60K
So if cumar maxamud is around 400k
That is like a quarter of MJs

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 am

Great thread of our mj subclans. Beautiful :up: :heart:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.