Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gabiley iyo lascaanood kee wa weyn alla wa weyn ee

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Gabiley iyo lascaanood kee wa weyn alla wa weyn aa

Postby Sharmarke91 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Wajaale is larger than Gabiley city and both are larger than Las Canood.In fact Wajaale is larger than your Ceerigaabo and might be the fourth largest city in Somaliland after Borama,Burco iyo Hargeisa.Wajaale alone is mostly inhabited by the reer xareed and the reer Yoonis with Gabiley being dominated by the reer dalal clan of Jibriil Abokor.

Jibriil Abokor alone outnumber clans like the Dhulos,Warsengali and the Ciise Muuse.
:lol: :lol:

According to I M Lewis who conducted extensive research among the Dhulbahante and the Jibril Abokor in the 1950s, the Dhulbahante were 36k men whilst the Jibril Abokor were a mere 15k men.

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Gabiley iyo lascaanood kee wa weyn alla wa weyn ee

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Superimposing Hargeisa over Mogadishu shows that Mogadishu is not that much larger than Hargeisa, purple outline is Hargeisa:

SuldaanOfSanaag
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SuldaanOfSanaag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Suldan, adigu waxad ahayd ninka kaliya ee Idoorka SNet cudurka dhimirka ka ladan, laakin adna waxad u eegtay nin soo wata.

How can you even compare Las Anod and Gabiley?

Las Anod is more than double the size of Gabiley, do you know how to use google maps?!

Gabiley.

Las Anod.

The better comparison would be Buuhoodle and Gabiley - because i think the two are the same size.
My point is for clarification not take post sxb.
Some ppl in here are saying the latter.

Laakin what amazes me sharmarke is the place gabiley is growing and place like berbera iyo lascanood have stignated. Eastern somaliland us getting getting the funded ans investment like in the west of somaliland that's properly why.

We in the east are known for war and jabhad so let's play the same game they playing otherwise we be left behind and we will be content with 2 fooq oo hebel dhisay.

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Wajaale is significantly larger than Las Anod.

Wajaale:

Las Anod:

This view shows the difference in size between the two, Wajaale here is the purple outline and the satellite image is of Las Anod:
:damn:

Why are you including non built up areas? like the tog and farming land?

The following are perfect outlines of the built up land of both cities - as you can see Las Anod is larger.

I haven't included the mountains, farms nor the dry river.

Las Anod.

Wajale.

SuldaanOfSanaag
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SuldaanOfSanaag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Superimposing Hargeisa over Mogadishu shows that Mogadishu is not that much larger than Hargeisa, purple outline is Hargeisa:

Considering the whole Somali live in muqdisho including isaaq and international diplomatic and NGO agency that's is surprising.

But truth be told if muqdisho was peacefully so many ppl are ready to invest and build house from the Somalis in kenya to other all over the world.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Wajaale is probably the most underrated town in Somaliland. It is quite large, almost the size of Borama.
:up: very under rated , and it's not Fair . In fact it's crime against the Good citizens of wajaale , to throw them under the bus . Wajaale never received the kind of status it deserves.

SuldaanOfSanaag
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SuldaanOfSanaag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:36 pm

My list of biggest Somaliland cities goes like this:

1.Hargeisa
2.Burco
3.Borama
4.Wajaale
5.Ceerigaabo
6.Gabiley city
7.Lascanood
8. Berbera
9.Buhotle
10.Sheikh
I don't think wajale is bigger than ceerigaabo switch the two around.
That's my list.Ceerigabo is neither bigger than Wajaale nor does it have more people.

I beg to differ sxb

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Wajaale is larger than Gabiley city and both are larger than Las Canood.In fact Wajaale is larger than your Ceerigaabo and might be the fourth largest city in Somaliland after Borama,Burco iyo Hargeisa.Wajaale alone is mostly inhabited by the reer xareed and the reer Yoonis with Gabiley being dominated by the reer dalal clan of Jibriil Abokor.

Jibriil Abokor alone outnumber clans like the Dhulos,Warsengali and the Ciise Muuse.

According to I M Lewis who conducted extensive research among the Dhulbahante and the Jibril Abokor in the 1950s, the Dhulbahante were 36k men whilst the Jibril Abokor were a mere 15k men.
More recent numbers are found in the most recent Somaliland presidential elections in which Las Canood votes pale in comparison to Gabiley on district basis:

Gabiley: 40,910

Laas Canood: 14,083

Hennystreak
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hennystreak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Idoor have lost it. Las Anod is fourth to Borama/Burco whichever one is bigger. Gabiley is the size of my bedroom and wtf is wajale?

Hennystreak
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hennystreak » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 pm

More recent numbers are found in the most recent Somaliland presidential elections in which Las Canood votes pale in comparison to Gabiley on district basis:

You know damn well that most residents of las Anod don’t vote, the most accurate date is the UNFPA 2014 report and it shows I that Las Anodn is twice the size as Gabiley and Gabiley is the same as Buhoodle district.

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Wajaale is significantly larger than Las Anod.

Wajaale:

Las Anod:

This view shows the difference in size between the two, Wajaale here is the purple outline and the satellite image is of Las Anod:
:damn:

Why are you including non built up areas? like the tog and farming land?

The following are perfect outlines of the built up land of both cities - as you can see Las Anod is larger.

I haven't included the mountains, farms nor the dry river.

Las Anod.

Wajale.

Look at the areas of Las Anod you are attempting to include, so sparse they are almost empty.

Once you take up the fact the vicinity of Las Anod is so sparsely built, it would make up for any inner city areas within Wajaale.

You can clearly see which of the two is larger.

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

You know damn well that most residents of las Anod don’t vote, the most accurate date is the UNFPA 2014 report and it shows I that Las Anodn is twice the size as Gabiley and Gabiley is the same as Buhoodle district.
Nope, Las Canood voted in force, you can read the report from the international observers.

With regards to bogus UNFPA figures, they were debunked on this forum previously. If you have bothered to read the actual report you would have seen how unreliable it was, particularly for your areas where no field work was actually conducted due to safety. This was explicitly stated in the report.

Every single census that was conducted you underperformed compared to other regions.

SuldaanOfSanaag
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SuldaanOfSanaag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Just check wajale on google map :whew:

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Just check wajale on google map :whew:
Its no joke sxb. The single most underrated town no doubt.

Sharmarke91
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sharmarke91 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Nope, Las Canood voted in force, you can read the report from the international observers.

With regards to bogus UNFPA figures, they were debunked on this forum previously. If you have bothered to read the actual report you would have seen how unreliable it was, particularly for your areas where no field work was actually conducted due to safety. This was explicitly stated in the report.

Every single census that was conducted you underperformed compared to other regions.
Your "government" actually accepts and endorses the UNFPA figues sxb - marka xaarka jooji.

There was never a census conducted in the former British protectorate.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.