Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gunman opens fire at mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Sources say nine people have been confirmed dead following the shootings at the Masjid Al Noor on Deans Ave and the Linwood Masjid on Linwood Ave.
Ahmed Tani, of the Canterbury Refugee Resettlement and Resource Centre, said he was walking to the mosque and was about 400m away when he heard many gunshots.

"I was really frightened," he said.

"I come from Somalia and the last time I heard the sound of gunfire was eight years ago.

"Then people were running towards me and shouting go, go, go."
The Bangladesh cricket team were in the mosque where shots were fired on Friday.

Cricinfo's Bangladesh correspondent Mohammad Isam posted a video to Twitter of the team rushing through Hagley Park away from the mosque.

Bangladesh are due to play New Zealand at Hagley Oval on Saturday. New Zealand Cricket has been contacted about if the game will still go ahead.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Gunman opens fire at mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand

Postby Nubis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 am

This is terrible, and sad.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 am

Yeah it is. It is another insecure white man with anger problems. The piece of shit is from Australia. It looks like at least 40 people were killed while praying. Anyway look at this old Somali man. He actually spoke with the shooter and did not get killed. :o

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 am

Years of Australia being the hub of xhenophobia and Islamophopia has resulted this tradegy. So sad, AUN.

Rifaad

Postby Rifaad » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 am

This massacre should have never happened should Muslim discard wahabbism and salafist, it’s seems that this group with extremism is affecting every Muslim around the world. It’s high time to got to our roots Waaqism is the answer.

Hennystreak
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hennystreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 am

The guy was a sebrian slav subhuman filth. Only his kind are so overtly and unapologetically racist.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 am

The guy was a sebrian slav subhuman filth. Only his kind are so overtly and unapologetically racist.
Yeah, they usually are.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 am

AHUN dadkaa dhintay ,

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 am

There is a video of 17 mins long whereby he live streamed, I haven't watched it, but saw one that lasted about 8 mins. It's sickening, he emptied so many magazines on those poor souls alaha unaxaristo. I've been to that main mosque in central Christchurch so many times, and am emotional because it could have been me had I stayed back in Christchurch. We need gun storage safe in our mosques just like fire extinguishers as our mosques are open to the public or 24/7 police protection which I very much doubt government will support.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:57 am

Yeah it is. It is another insecure white man with anger problems. The piece of shit is from Australia. It looks like at least 40 people were killed while praying. Anyway look at this old Somali man. He actually spoke with the shooter and did not get killed. :o

:shock: Am happy that old somali guy survived he is regular attendee and he confused me as Oromo :lol:

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am

AUN

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am

That figure is likely to rise above 100 as two mosques were involved. Absolute nightmare. I mourn with the family members who's heart is aching.. This savage brainless racist shattered so many families.. In the days ahead we will want to know how he was allowed to purchase guns in the first place? This is sooo unlike NZ..
Last edited by FarhanYare on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 am

From what people are saying--those who watched the nearly 20 minute long live stream video, He went into all the areas of the mosque including the women area which is seperated from men and in another area as well as the toilets. So to give you understanding, the only way out to escape if you are lucky is thru the window but this meaniac went from one area to another area in a less than a minute, repeating it over and over again. Those folks had no chance absolute zero.

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 am

Look at western media selective use of words.
Gun man. Rather than terrorist.
Killed rather than massacred.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 am

Unfortunately this was bound to happen. After years of watching jihadist do the same to non-Muslims, and lack of security in places of worship, it was a matter of time a white terrorist would act upon revenge killings. All mosques should have an armed person or two casing the building.

I am not sure about the gun laws in New Zealand but in my state it is an open-carry and stand your ground state. It means I can openly carry my gun and legally shoot someone who harms my person or property.

Worst racist of them all are the eastern European block, Polish, Serbs, etc., these degenerates compete with immigrants for jobs and are compelled to act on impulses much sooner. Ever heard of eastern-Europeans giving foreign aid to 3rd world countries or concerned about global warming? Nor have I. They still carry the legacy of the Soviet Union destitution and despair.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.