Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What you up to today?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hennystreak
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: What you up to today?

Postby Hennystreak » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:21 am

It's true ninyo, most early Somalis came in Australia as students and as skilled asylum seekers. Not all came because of Kacaan regime though.

Many of them were students in India who decided to migrate Australia once the war broke out. These group is usually reer Waqooyi including Samaroon.

The earliest Somali in Australia is probably this HY man who came here in the 1890s by accident.

He was to be sent to Wales but for some reason they brought him to Perth Australia to shear wool from the sheep.

His grand daughter:

Dhuloxking, never heard of him.

You would be lying if we said that the vast majority of Somalis in Australia aren't MJ sxb. They are closely followed by Sheikhals for some oddnrewosn.

Especially Melbourne although a recent refugee influx from Eritrea may have tampered with the demographics.

Most isaaqs here are Habar Yoonis though although I rarely meet isaaqs here. What areas in Melbourne do y'all constitute a majority?
I think you're right that MJ is most as solo followed by either Sheikhal or Rahanweyn as whole then maybe HY.

HY is definitely most when it comes to Isaaq followed by Saad Muse or HA.

Most HY here are also Isxaaq. Even in Perth, Isxaaq is most. In Sydney decent numbers. Earliest Isxaaq were students in India.

We convoy in the south eastern areas mainly but spread out to the Western suburbs and inners as well. Majority of them are in the south east though.

HJ is very rare. Few families, very few.

After HY and HA, third place is Ciidagale who came in different waves including students from Iraq (marku dagalki Iraq qarxay Australia took them).
Habar Jeclo have recently started popping up in some places all of a sudden but their aren't many. I know some Habar Yoonis families from even back in New Zealand. Good folks.

I have been to Perth most Somalis are Dhulbahante migrants fr New Zealand.

Sxb, I don't know if this is the case in Melbourne but have you guys experienced an influx of Somali refugees from mainly discriminated clans from Eritrea in Melbourne? They have overrun whole cities(crimes, daycare fraud) here and I hate to say it but the Somali reputation is taking a hit as a result.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:22 am

Travelling, since I’m an air hostess.
Which airline abaayo?

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 am

Dhuloxking, never heard of him.

You would be lying if we said that the vast majority of Somalis in Australia aren't MJ sxb. They are closely followed by Sheikhals for some oddnrewosn.

Especially Melbourne although a recent refugee influx from Eritrea may have tampered with the demographics.

Most isaaqs here are Habar Yoonis though although I rarely meet isaaqs here. What areas in Melbourne do y'all constitute a majority?
I think you're right that MJ is most as solo followed by either Sheikhal or Rahanweyn as whole then maybe HY.

Most HY here are also Isxaaq. Even in Perth, Isxaaq is most. In Sydney decent numbers. Earliest Isxaaq were students in India.

We convoy in the south eastern areas mainly but spread out to the Western suburbs and inners as well. Majority of them are in the south east though.

After HY and HA, third place is Ciidagale who came in different waves including students from Iraq (marku dagalki Iraq qarxay Australia took them).
Habar Jeclo have recently started popping up in some places all of a sudden but their aren't many. I know some Habar Yoonis families from even back in New Zealand. Good folks.

Sxb, I don't know if this is the case in Melbourne but have you guys experienced an influx of Somali refugees from mainly discriminated clans from Eritrea in Melbourne? They have overrun whole cities(crimes, daycare fraud) here and I hate to say it but the Somali reputation is taking a hit as a result.
:D

Maya Wales. Eritreans are only the old school ones, few sponsored dudes came from Sudan.

Melbourne is over ran by South Sudanese but Somalis are still largest.

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:31 am

I was there on Holiday during the summer of 1994. I just have some vague memories and loads of pictures. I have 3 friends there who visit here every couple of years, they were here during the Christmas period. I have plans of visiting them hopefully at the end of this year or early next year, depending on when my hair grows back after my Hajj pilgrimage this summer.

Always loved the thought of seeing the australian outback, wilflife and perhaps visit Tasmania...mainly because of the cartoon.

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:31 am

Last edited by CaliBurco on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hennystreak
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hennystreak » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:33 am

:D

Maya Wales. Eritreans are only the old school ones, few sponsored dudes came from Sudan.

Melbourne is over ran by South Sudanese but Somalis are still largest.
By Eritrean, I don't mean tigrays but Somali refugees based in Eritrea called reer unkulu or something.

Lol, Melbourne is the capital of Somali larceners in the west. From daycare frauds to credit card scams, Somalis continue to make a living off of tuugnimo. I know daycare owners who bought houses here in well to do suburbs.

I know of others who have offshored their finances to avoid government audits and are now living large in places like turkey.

We are inherently opposed to daacadnimo for some reason, it's not something unique to our politicians.

Hennystreak
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hennystreak » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:37 am

:lol: Taking a break from the mundane British routine and experiencing the western version of the miiyi is always something to look forward to. What cities are you visiting? I can host if you are coming to Brisbane

I remember looking at the 2016 census and reading that their were a 100 or so Somalis living in Tasmania. That's when I fully grasped that we have truly conquered the world.

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 am

Thanks for the offer but i have no interest in watching you on a broomstick galloping around pretending to be darawiish

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 am

Travelling, since I’m an air hostess.
Which airline abaayo?
Hi, it’s a mainline airline.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:41 am

Henny

Hahaha Maya never heard of Somalis from Eritrea.

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 am

I am fighting with the trueeable guys They are wasting my time. No maintenance useless no custermer service in the afternoon i am chilling hilib geel.
That is interesting day. I work as a flight attendant, so I can relate with your work field.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.