Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beled Xaawo to Build a University

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Beled Xaawo to Build a University

Postby sadeboi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:17 am

Princedaadi does have a point, Somalis are obsessed with universities when they lack adequate secondary and primary schools.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:02 am

Its true that a lot of people study in Mandera or are actually Mandera residents who ignore the colonial border. Houses and businesses have been popping up all over the place and InshaAllah the university will be spectacular. Even if we're only teaching at a pre university level its still progress and eventually we'll have a functioning university at the appropriate level.

Its not a pipe dream, we could raise the money for the building in just one year. I think Caabdudwaaq university is already under construction/planning stages and the majority of the funds were collected in just one night of fundraising.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Prince Daadi does not understand the point. The child who was born 1990 is 25 years old a friggin Man. These Youth who grew up in War need an alternative. Even if they are in "University" learning the ABC's then so be it.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:32 am

Prince Daadi does not understand the point. The child who was born 1990 is 25 years old a friggin Man. These Youth who grew up in War need an alternative. Even if they are in "University" learning the ABC's then so be it.

:up:

I would love to contribute to this important project.

@GG, inaadeer, aren't you running an NGO? I suggest get the money from those UN bureaucrats who sits on those billions donated to Somalia and help this university off the ground.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:43 am

I forgot about this project. It looks like they started construction. Not bad at all.

Mustafee101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mustafee101 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 pm

I forgot about this project. It looks like they started construction. Not bad at all.
Oh no ! It is outskirts of the city :snoop:

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:35 pm

How do you know? :? Are you from Beled Xaawo? Also what is wrong with that?

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:36 pm

I'm glad reer Gedo are planning. It's been now fours, have they achieved anything?

Fantastic effort. Education is important.

Mustafee101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mustafee101 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:37 pm

How do you know? :? Are you from Beled Xaawo? Also what is wrong with that?
Technically, I’m not from BX but it is the only city in Somalia that I spent most of the time. They’re building the university right next to keymaha where people in BX usually purchase their Geed Hindi from and usually people get scared outside of the city because of Arsenal. I understand why they’re building there though

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:31 am

I assume Keymaha was where the troops that were based in Beled Xaawo kept the arsenal? I think UN groups cleaned up those areas. My abti lost one of his sons to a land mine back in the late 90s but I haven't heard of any dying because of these in a long while. I plan on visiting Gedo sometime in the near future so I will explore Beled Xaawo and Baardheere and maybe even Buurdhuubo.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:25 pm

It took a lot longer than it should have but they just completed the first phase of the campus plan. The school has been open for awhile at a temporary base in the tiwb.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.