Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Massacre in Gaalkacyo

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AwBakayle

Massacre in Gaalkacyo

Postby AwBakayle » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 am

A black dot in the history of HG/Galmudug for killing 13 innocent unarmed civilians who hail from Koonfur Galbeed. You can arrest suspects or fight armed Al Habaab members, but killing civilians sleeping in their homes has no excuse whatsoever. This is not the first time Mooryaan kill unarmed civilians with impunity and protection from their clansmen. Shame on you. You will only be isolated more for the crimes.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Massacre in Gaalkacyo

Postby Turbulence » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 am

I heard bits and parts about this massacre. Why did they do this again?

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:46 am

hg hee?

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:00 pm

No one mentions the Konfur Galbeed homicide bombers who killed the beloved Martyr Sheik Cabdiweli Cilmi Yare and his suufi sect. 26 were killed.

Or the attempted Konfur Galbeed homicide bomber who wanted to wipe out Sheik Shaakir and the ASWJ leadership in Dhusamareb.

The number of AS in K. Galkayco has increased as the number of KG migrants settling there increased. Before their arrival every visitor had a local sponsor unlike the zoo it has become

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 pm

AUN. Rounding up innocent civilians and killing them was cowardly, inhuman & against the teachings of Islam.
I heard bits and parts about this massacre. Why did they do this again?
Revenge.
https://hiiraan.com/news4/2019/Jun/1643 ... olice.aspx
No one mentions the Konfur Galbeed homicide bombers who killed the beloved Martyr Sheik Cabdiweli Cilmi Yare and his suufi sect. 26 were killed.

Or the attempted Konfur Galbeed homicide bomber who wanted to wipe out Sheik Shaakir and the ASWJ leadership in Dhusamareb.

The number of AS in K. Galkayco has increased as the number of KG migrants settling there increased. Before their arrival every visitor had a local sponsor unlike the zoo it has become
I understand this sort of thing can happen anywhere. For instance, US troops perpetrated similar or worse atrocities against civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam and other places. Can you shed some light on the psychology of those militia? How do they justify killing innocent civilians? Every Somali (including those from Mudug) I know has condemned what those militia have done.

AwBakayle

Postby AwBakayle » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 pm

[quote=AbdiWahab252 post_id=4940631 time=1560988801 user_id=27472]

[/quote]

=========
You are using an ignorant and idiotic logic to justify the killing of innocent civilians. A crime is committed by the individual responsible. You arrest or fight the perpetrator. You can't target a whole community.

Do you remember the crimes committed by former Al Habaab leader, Ayrow or other Shabaab members from Hawiye? Can I blame all of Hawiye? Or all of HG, for example?

If you want to blame a whole community for the crimes committed by individuals, then all HG will be criminals, using your logic, because HG militia during Aideed's time killed hundreds of people in Baydhabo, Buur Hakaba, and Xuddur.

Sagax

Postby Sagax » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 am

=========
You are using an ignorant and idiotic logic to justify the killing of innocent civilians. A crime is committed by the individual responsible. You arrest or fight the perpetrator. You can't target a whole community.

Do you remember the crimes committed by former Al Habaab leader, Ayrow or other Shabaab members from Hawiye? Can I blame all of Hawiye? Or all of HG, for example?

If you want to blame a whole community for the crimes committed by individuals, then all HG will be criminals, using your logic, because HG militia during Aideed's time killed hundreds of people in Baydhabo, Buur Hakaba, and Xuddur.

“Dilkii Gaalkacyo waxaa ka dambeeyey 10 askari oo DF ka amar qaata, waxayna ahayd arrin siyaasadeysan”

https://www.caasimada.net/dilkii-gaalka ... asadeysan/

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:02 pm

Bakeyle That logic applies across all of Somalia. If a HG homicide bomber kills Eelay in Baydhaba and the Eelay go on a rampage well it’s tough luck for the HG there. It’s not a coincidence that AS activies increased with the increased influx of DM in Galmudug. AS agents live among the DM migrants and operate from among them.

Paperino logic flies out the window when dealing with combat for some people.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 am

Hadii looma ooyayaal yihiin, assume them guilty of whatever crime they stand accused of, no need to bother with due process. With all due respect to AW, that right there is a classic example of reer Mudug Justice. Few years back, in one of my annual pilgrimage to the northern part of the Gaalkacyo Divide, a prominent political figure was assassinated in what appeared to be Alsheytaan orchestrated ismiidaamin. In the aftermath of this incident, a number of the "usual suspects", consisting mainly of ree Beydhabo, some Bantus, and even couple of Oromos, were rounded up, not by authorities, mind you, but by qabiil militia belonging to the same clan as the deceased. The suspects were than driven to a field in the outskirt of the town, and were summarily executed in cold blood. Among those killed that night, was a young reer Baydhabo acquaintance of mine; he used to work as camerieri in maqaayad i used to frequent. His name was Abdulqafaar, AUN, maybe 20 or 21 years of age, hardworking, and all in all, the nicest, maskiinest, most respectful Faarax you will ever meet. He just recently left the maqaayad I knew him from, and started working at Uunlaaye Hotel/restaurant, the same establishment where the assassination took place.

AwBakayle

Postby AwBakayle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 am

[quote=AbdiWahab252 post_id=4940701 time=1561082570 user_id=27472]
Bakeyle That logic applies across all of Somalia. If a HG homicide bomber kills Eelay in Baydhaba and the Eelay go on a rampage well it’s tough luck for the HG there. It’s not a coincidence that AS activies increased with the increased influx of DM in Galmudug. AS agents live among the DM migrants and operate from among them.

Paperino logic flies out the window when dealing with combat for some people.
[/quote]

====================

So you are saying if Reer Baydhabo take revenge by killing innocent HG people doing business in Baydhabo, that's fine with you? You want the cycle to continue? Are you making excuses for killing civilians regardless of their clan affiliation?

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:43 am

Hadii looma ooyayaal yihiin, assume them guilty of whatever crime they stand accused of, no need to bother with due process. With all due respect to AW, that right there is a classic example of reer Mudug Justice. Few years back, in one of my annual pilgrimage to the northern part of the Gaalkacyo Divide, a prominent political figure was assassinated in what appeared to be Alsheytaan orchestrated ismiidaamin. In the aftermath of this incident, a number of the "usual suspects", consisting mainly of ree Beydhabo, some Bantus, and even couple of Oromos, were rounded up, not by authorities, mind you, but by qabiil militia belonging to the same clan as the deceased. The suspects were than driven to a field in the outskirt of the town, and were summarily executed in cold blood. Among those killed that night, was a young reer Baydhabo acquaintance of mine; he used to work as camerieri in maqaayad i used to frequent. His name was Abdulqafaar, AUN, maybe 20 or 21 years of age, hardworking, and all in all, the nicest, maskiinest, most respectful Faarax you will ever meet. He just recently left the maqaayad I knew him from, and started working at Uunlaaye Hotel/restaurant, the same establishment where the assassination took place.
Abdulqafaar must have been a breadwinner, and I can't imagine the effect of his loss on his family. AUN.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:16 pm

^ Indeed, he was the sole bread winner for his extended family back in Baydhabo. As a matter of fact, like most reer Bay iyo Bakool oo ka shaqeysta Puntland, a good portion of Cabdulqafar's earnings was sent as monthly remittance to help maintain his parents and nephews/nieces oo agoon ah. AUN Cabdulqafaar, was a decent fellow, dutiful son to his parents and beloved uncle to those poor little orphans left behind by his late brother.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.