Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

breaking news: 1) attempted coup in amhara region, 2) chief of staff of ethiopian army may have been killed!

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: breaking news: 1) attempted coup in amhara region, 2) chief of staff of ethiopian army may have been killed!

Postby Waachis » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Why do you think Lemma magarsa chose the Ministry of defence portfolio?
He could have easily got two large dockets i.e Finance or Foreign relations.

Lemma the sick bastard is behind this they killed the Amhara refiomal president and top military brass in the region who were not Oromo and blamed it on nationalistic Amharas.Just like last time they blamed OLF on bank robberies and used airoplanes to bomb it.

The good thing is thia is not the Somali region where the US and Gaalo do not give a shiit.
My angry nomadic friend,

Actually; it's been reported widely that extremist-centralist amharas, who feel victimized and marginalized (since no-one will help them bring back the old amhara-dominated ethiopia); were the ones who killed the chief of staff seare makonnen AND the Amhara regional president who once admitted ''the extremists amharas in our region have gone too far.''
basically, federalist amharas vs extremist unionists amharas is what it seems like.
and of course, oromos back the federalists.
if u wish to be a slave of amharas, its okay, u can dream it, and achieve it. before u sleep every night, after praying Isha, make sure u think of amharas ruling over you, then sleep immediately, and you will dream it.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: breaking news: 1) attempted coup in amhara region, 2) chief of staff of ethiopian army may have been killed!

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Time for Abiy to send the federal troops to clamp down on the rebels in Amhara and Tigray.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:53 pm

Time for Abiy to send the federal troops to clamp down on the rebels in Amhara and Tigray.
Abiy is going to make oromia even stronger, we already have at least 300,000 paramilitary forces, thanks to lamma being smart and training more oromos recently as a year or less ago.
Garre, and friendly somalis, also will be with us, seeing as how we have a shared interest in keeping the extremist amharas at bay.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Its now in Oromo interest to have strong Somali alliance to counter the highlanders. Somalis have told our Oromo brothers time and time again. Don't fight the only people who have the same enemies as you. We fought with Woyane and Amxaaro for 500 years. Oromos now are in a struggle for dominace for Ethiopia's soul. Don't underestimate the Habesha.

My advice to my Cushitic brothers. Arm Somalis and let us loose in Bet Amhara. Convince the international community it's in their interest to see a strong Somali state. So when once the fight starts, you have backup from your Afaan Somali brothers. We are expert injirley killers.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:07 pm

Its now in Oromo interest to have strong Somali alliance to counter the highlanders. Somalis have told our Oromo brothers time and time again. Don't fight the only people who have the same enemies as you. We fought with Woyane and Amxaaro for 500 years. Oromos now are in a struggle for dominace for Ethiopia's soul. Don't underestimate the Habesha.

My advice to my Cushitic brothers. Arm Somalis and let us loose in Bet Amhara. Convince the international community it's in their interest to see a strong Somali state. So when once the fight starts, you have backup from your Afaan Somali brothers. We are expert injirley killers.
That's true. I am not sure how mustafer cagjar is feeling, but i know for sure smart somalis like ahmed shide support federalism, and would ally with oromos/afars/sidama/etc, in a heartbeat.
We have a strong paramilitary force, and at least a third of the army itself is oromo; who would join us too.
I think there are some divisions in the army, if the news is true, about amhara soldiers being the ones who killed the chief of staff, who is a former tplf general, who turned on the tplf, and became an ally of pm abiy.

Farah072

Postby Farah072 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:24 am

Has the architect of the coup been apprehended?

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 am

Waachis. Mustafe is a single guy but most Somalis, and even other minority groups in Ethiopia support the federalism system. It is high time now Oromos to show the Amharas who is the boss.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:28 pm

That's true. I am not sure how mustafer cagjar is feeling, but i know for sure smart somalis like ahmed shide support federalism, and would ally with oromos/afars/sidama/etc, in a heartbeat.
We have a strong paramilitary force, and at least a third of the army itself is oromo; who would join us too.
I think there are some divisions in the army, if the news is true, about amhara soldiers being the ones who killed the chief of staff, who is a former tplf general, who turned on the tplf, and became an ally of pm abiy.
It was smart for Abiy to move Lemma to defence ministry. Now since he left, all the Qeero bullshit stop and Somalis+Oromos live in peace. The new head of Oromia is a good guy. He's the one building on the alliance of Cushiticism.

Now on to the issue of Habesha. Somalis have told you time and time again to have the upper hand on highlanders. You guys have a weakness for them. When they killed and oppressed you for centuries. Even creating Amharized Oromos who believe in this One Ethiopia bullshit. Even Abiy was one of them. From what I hearing it was the Muslim Oromos who showed out in force to support Dr. Abiy to stop the Amhara terrorists. Now imagine Muslim Oromos + Somalis who are the powers in East Africa? The illusion that Abiy believed in with Amhara is over. Now we wait for Woyane to move. Then you'll see what your Somali brother is telling you is the truth.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:28 pm

It was smart for Abiy to move Lemma to defence ministry. Now since he left, all the Qeero bullshit stop and Somalis+Oromos live in peace. The new head of Oromia is a good guy. He's the one building on the alliance of Cushiticism.

Now on to the issue of Habesha. Somalis have told you time and time again to have the upper hand on highlanders. You guys have a weakness for them. When they killed and oppressed you for centuries. Even creating Amharized Oromos who believe in this One Ethiopia bullshit. Even Abiy was one of them. From what I hearing it was the Muslim Oromos who showed out in force to support Dr. Abiy to stop the Amhara terrorists. Now imagine Muslim Oromos + Somalis who are the powers in East Africa? The illusion that Abiy believed in with Amhara is over. Now we wait for Woyane to move. Then you'll see what your Somali brother is telling you is the truth.

I think potentially things may get uglier soon.
Amhara extremists want their old empire back.
Tplf elites still have wet dreams of being in power to loot the country again.
The amhara federalist allies of abiy are losing it seems. Time will tell.
I see a massive southern ethiopia alliance to be made led by oromo sidama and others who have an interest to not become slaves to abyssinian elitist extremists.
Somali liyyu police may ironically find themselves joining oromia police to counter such a threat to our collective well being. Don't be surprised if that occurs.

Django
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Django » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:37 pm

I hear the purge is still on in Addis the body counts are pilling up.

Who has the latest in Addis seems like there is a total shut down in Addis.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:03 pm

I hear the purge is still on in Addis the body counts are pilling up.

Who has the latest in Addis seems like there is a total shut down in Addis.

I can't reach my family there. The situation in Amhara state is about to be fully controlled then we are advising abiy to quickly withdraw the army. Amhara federalists need to be able to discuss issues with their people and come to an agreement.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:04 pm

MajorIgaare
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby MajorIgaare » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 pm

This is crunch time for oromo. They have to brutally consolidate power or be limp wristed and have amhara take them over. Democracy can only work were everyone believes in that ideology. Any change amhara get to dispose oromo they will take. We're going to see what oromo are made of. You need to kick the habesha out of the admin and fill it with afar and Somali and make an Islamic cushitic powerbase.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:18 pm

This is crunch time for oromo. They have to brutally consolidate power or be limp wristed and have amhara take them over. Democracy can only work were everyone believes in that ideology. Any change amhara get to dispose oromo they will take. We're going to see what oromo are made of. You need to kick the habesha out of the admin and fill it with afar and Somali and make an Islamic cushitic powerbase.

The amhara aren't bad it's just a few loud mouthed extremists who cannot stand to see the oromo gain their rightful position.
The extremists are a liability to their own people.
Any attempts to being back the old amhara elite system would just force unity among oromo somalo afar sidama and countless others.
Then innocent amharas who don't deserve harm would be deported from all over ethiopia.
It's best the army control the situation then leave and let the amhara federalists handle it.

I'd like to see a diverse government for ethiopia... Somalis sidama afar gurage oromo amhara tigray etc. That way no-one feels marginalized or oppressed. The old Ethiopia is dead and will never be brought back. It's time for a modern ethiopian state or back to square one civil war which is not uncommon to or for, ethiopia.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:02 am

I think potentially things may get uglier soon.
Amhara extremists want their old empire back.
Tplf elites still have wet dreams of being in power to loot the country again.
The amhara federalist allies of abiy are losing it seems. Time will tell.
I see a massive southern ethiopia alliance to be made led by oromo sidama and others who have an interest to not become slaves to abyssinian elitist extremists.
Somali liyyu police may ironically find themselves joining oromia police to counter such a threat to our collective well being. Don't be surprised if that occurs.
The Habesha are now uniting I just told you. The Federalist will side with their people. It's a new Ethiopia bro:

Now you have to arm the Somalis. The TPLF are scared and paranoid. It's full out war as I'm hearing. Plus, the US is supporting Abiy and the Assistant US Secretary threw fire on the pot:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.