Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali History as told by a Eritrean Saho elder

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somali History as told by a Eritrean Saho elder

Postby Canuck2 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Lol at Afars being nicer than Habashis or Oromos. They just don't have the numbers (3-4 million worldwide) to make hay. We are keeping these fuckers at bay. They have coalesced into one (Afar Liyu police, militia from Eritrea, militia from Ethiopia) jabhad, or militia, fighting against Ciise nomads in western Sitti. Even Ethiopia's federal troops side with them.

Everyday scores of them meet their maker earlier than they anticipated.

As for Somalinimo, fuck that shit! Cid uso gurmanaysow Ciiseha ku nool galbeedka Sitti usayn Ciise kalay ahayn majiro...so, yeah, fuck Somalis! Ciise uu isku filanyahay.
Stop being dumb

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:27 pm

^
Habeshas and their Oromo minions are parasites that need to be destroyed. They are the main enemies of Somali people, not Afar and Saho!
Somali language is 40-50% interchangeable with Oromo, Afar language, we all had a common cushetic precursor prior to the Habesha invasion, that society is most likely Punt.

The Beja who split earlier from us would be the Medjay.

both Medjay and Punt were contemporaries to ancient Kush and ancient egypt, and were involved with them both switching alliances from one to the other, and at time even taking control.

King Ezana the descendant of Habesha invaders recorded a conflict with kingdoms in present day Northern Sudan, he spoke of red Nubians and black nubians, and that the black nubians were taking over the red Nubians lands, this is a glimpse of the nilotic expansion into the cushetic land at a time when Kush empire was on its death bed, the same thing was happening in the great lake regions when combined nilotics and Bantus invaded the land. It also speaks volume that King Ezana referred to them as Nubians this tells you that Kingdom of Kush although founded by cushetic people probabpy wawat, they grew and became diverse with both cushetic and nilotic peoples, while Punt and Medjay were more pure cushetics.

Just as Ancient egypt expanded to the levant and further even reaching Bulgaria, the Kingdom of Kush expanded south and reached places like Congo.

You will find pure descendants of ancient egyptians in southern egypts farm lands, they go by a specific name and share cultural similarity to their nubian neighbours, but the purest phenotype from the ancient world would be the Somali, Beja, Afar, as the other nubian, egyptians have had tremendous admixture from all sort of foreign invaders.
Beja - Kerma and Medjay

Afar, Saho, Somali - Punt

Also, Egypt never reached Bulgaria nor did Kush reach Congo.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:21 pm

I was too generous with Afar population in my previous post. I doubt they are more than 2 million worldwide; 1.4m in Ethiopia, 400k in Eritrea and 100k in Djibouti.

Moreover, they are an amalgamation of many ethnicities, one of which is some are Turks. They also have a paternal haplogroup T marker, an assimilation from the greater Dir nation before/during/after Adal Sultanate.

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:08 pm

There could be some truth to it. There’s a connection between predynastic Egypt and Mesopotamia. According to ancient Egyptian mythology, the first dynasty of Egypt was established by the Falcon tribe of Horus who are believed to be of Mesopotamian origin. The Gebel el-Arak knife, dating back 5450 years i.e predynastic Egypt, shows a Mesopotamian king controlling two lions possibly representing upper and lower Egypt and on the backside of the handle there’s an image of a battlefield.

Somalis and Beja have a genetic connection, not just haplogroups, but on whole genome analysis and one study indicates that the Somali-Beja split happened around 3400 years ago for the Somali-Hadendoa (Beja) and 3700 for Somali-Beni Amer (Beja/Tigre).

This confirms the proposed theory that the ancestor of Somalis, the proto Somalis, migrated from what is today south Egypt/North Sudan through Eritrea, where they stayed for some time, before making another migration along the Red Sea coast into the Somali Peninsula.

A side note, a study done by Steele et al. have also demonstrated that northern Somalis have a slightly higher percentage of Eurasian DNA than south Somalis and Abyssinian groups without any recent influx of foreign DNA. This could be the result of genetic isolation and if that’s the case then the northern Somalis are the modern representatives of the proto Somalis.

However it could also come from South Cushites who possibly inhabited the Somali Peninsula before the proto Somalis.The people depicted on Las Geel are most likely South Cushites and they were 60-65% West Eurasian.
i agree with your assessment, to add to that as well the new kingdom of Egypt 18th,19th and 20th dynasty rulers/pharaohs had a mother tongue which was not Ancient Egyptians but close to it. the new kingdom came from the south and kicked out the Hyksos rulers of Egypt who were from syria and the last ruler was the 17th dynasty. I visited some sites near aswan and luxor with someone who was a bisharin Beja who are officially the only recognised decedents of the new kingdom egypt by the state of egypt. he took me to old closed temples and he was reading the holographic to me and told me what they were saying on the wall, i was shocked and not surprised in the same time.

those temples has been closed for more than 30 years for "renovation" but the truth is the Egyptian government do not want the world to see as many westerners can read it these days and notice what it says. basically what it said on the wall is all the new kingdom pharaohs attribute their origin to the southern land "Ta seti" which was East sudan+Eritrea+djbouti+northern part of somalia. He told me their native tongue was a language which is what he believes to be the proto type language which beja+afar split from.

The guy literraly showed me word by word and translated it wall after wall and everything pointing to the south, he told me Ancient Egyptians was a secondary language to them and the main language was a language from the land of Ta seti. Now Ta seti split later to the northern part "Medjay" East sudan + northern Eritrea, and the southern Part "Punt" which is rest of Eritrea + djbouti and northern somali. Medjay=Beja and Punt=Afar/saho. i remember he read an inscription once which said that in military meetings they all spoke with that "southern language" to make sure the hyksos who some remained in egypt and lived among the population could not spy on them as the danger from"syria" was always not finished with.

Those Bisharin Beja are amazing wallahi any somali in here who might visit egypt in the future go to towns like Luxor and aswan. forget about the noba people just look for Bisharin Beja and tell them you are somali and watch how they would see you as a family member who have not seen you in years. their features you sense like horner living in south egypt.

In regards to south cushites in the somali peninsula maybe they mixed with the incoming cushites waves coming at a later dates or maybe groups like the omotic tribes have link with them who lives in southern/western Ethiopia.

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:16 pm

I was once in the vicinity of a group of Saho people from Eritrea who were counting numbers, they counted in Af Soomaali. Thought they were Somali until the conversation changed from relatable numerics to phrases in Saho. They obviously weren't Somali so I moved across and shifted to their table without asking and asked them to explain why they transitioned from kow, labo, sadex, afar to gibberish :lol:
Yeah Saho is close to afar/somali. Saho clans is complicated though i think only 4 out of the 40+ qabil are original saho/afar clans the rest are belew/beja who adopted the saho lanbguae or assimilated/integrated to original saho clan when they moved into the Eritrea plateau 3000 years ago. plus since they are near the coast and across the sea to arab land many mixed even further when arabs migrated to the coast after islam and intermarried. This is why you get all shades of saho people ranging from very dark to arab looking. The thing about Saho in Eritrea is they speak like 4-5 languages and sometime you can be friend with one of them for years and do not know he is a saho because he spoke your ethnic language so good.

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Interesting thread but I have to disagree with you on this one, no Somali nor any Cushetic people pushed Bantu south, infact it is the very opposite, Bantu people have been invading and pushing Cushetic people more north east, this is well documented, any novice on cushetic studies know this, so instead of making outlandish statements, put your post into a question format and I will gladly educate you, so far based on first impression your cushetic application is under review, but keep learning brother.

evidences for my debunk

1. Migration. African migration pattern will tell you Bantus have only migrated to areas such as the great lake regions in recent couple centuries, it happened as the last stage of the bantu expansion, this is why the Zulus language is very closely related to Kikuyu language, because Bantus first moved to central africa, then south, then back central and finally east, as they moved along the river. Cushetic migration is much more independent of river system as we are not depended on farming.

2. Genetics Cushetic people were in South East Africa long before Bantu, this is why south cushetic people cluster closer with Khoisan than their Bantu counter parts, furthermore we like the khoisan do not have sickle cell anemia or the sickle cell trait, I am going to put a post together why that inshallah as well and it further proves khoisan and cushetics were neighbours for many years before the bantu expansion.

3. Linguistics there are three cushetic communities identified with speaking languages that are very old and related to the khoisan click language, this further proves that cushetic and khoisan shared land in south east africa long before.

4. Similar arguments can be made for other hunter gatherer groups in relation to the cushetic people who lived with them in South East africa before Bantus invaded.
1) The thing is there is no historic or artefacts proof of any settlement in most of Somalia prior to 2000 years ago, while if you look north its filled with it. Bantus indeed moved through central africa most likely through Cameroon. the furthest i think were the CUSHITES were prior to 300AD was northern somalia (Somaliland).

2) Not sure about south east africa, part of the horn yes but south east Africa i doubt it. Khoisan people yes most likely and were pushed further south by Bantu expansion.

3) Again linguistic connection between cushtic and kohisan is weak but no doubt they did had a similar near ancestor. Khoisan possibly are the first Africans.

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Are the kunamas the original Eritreans ?
Is the rumor true that Tigrayans are fake Eritreans and Isaias Afwerki is actually Ethiopian? :lol:
No way. Kunama and nara are not original Eritreans. They only came few hundred years ago from the Nile region in sudan. They are Nilotic people like the dinka/nuer of south sudan and moved for pastoral reasons for their cattles. they were the second last group to enter eritrea before the arab rashida tribe who were defeated by the saud family and lost the rule of arabia and escaped from nejad region in saudia arabia 100 years ago.

Yeah Tigrayans are fake, unlike the Tigrigna people of eritrea they have no history/qabil etc this is one of the reason they have inferiority complex. Tigrigna people of Eritrea split from tigre/beja while the tigrayans are of agew stock who adopted the Geez then later tigrigna language so now they share language and religion or tigrigna people of eritrea but ancestory and history is different.

With Isaias afwerki origin it is complicated, his grandfather was working in tigray but you have to know from the 18th century till the italian came the border was open so many from Eritrea did go to Tigray for trade and stayed there, so there was a lot of movement back and forth. His grand father was working there (but was not born there) and his father moved to Asmara nearly 100 years ago.

His origin is unknown because Eritrean Tigrigna people have clan system just like somali and easily can trace your lineage for a long long time. his one stops at his great grandfather so he could be from anywhere even haiwya somali or arab or even yahud and moved to Tigray through Eritrea as border was open and business and trade was booming. your guess is good as mine but one thing for sure no qabil in Eritrea claim him so his origin comes with a question mark. Tigrayan do not have a "qabil" system so anyone can be a tigrayan just move to tigray speak the local language and boom you are tigrayan from such and such town. In eritrea its similar to somalia but less crazy and qabil fanaticism. So once you say your full name and where in Eritrea you are from people from that area knows staright away which clan/qabil/family you are from

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Other unknown Cushite tribe trying to leech off the Somali history. First it was Oromo who claimed that Somalis
Were part of them. Now the saho. Small reminder Somalia is the only Cushite country in the world. We made from just being just Cushite tribe to country.
Join www.somaliwave.com

I think its the other way around, somali were the clones of saho who were the clones of afars. :mrgreen:

And where they (saho & afar) are today !!!! Under feet of habashis speaking their languages while Somalis have 2 countries in the horn. Listen dude it seems that survival is for fittest & Somalis won the battle of fittest. Somalia is only Cushite country after fall of kingdom Cush.
Djbouti was never a somali land but afar but like i said in this forum 7 years ago those Issa clowns will be wiped out and their days is coming. Afar in djbouti will take power i guarantee you that very soon. have you been paying attention lately? Mr ismail is going to run with his money and the issa will be rwanda 2.0.

You see i said that 7 years ago and people laughed at me in here especially with the border issue while the issa were serving their habesh tigrayan master. Now that oromo got the power who the hell do you think are moving them to clear them out from ethiopia first then djbouti next. remember the tigrayan generals getting killed recently??? who do you think that is behind it??? Mr ismali Gulleh knows we are coming for him and his issa comrades how many times The Issa have betrayed Eritrea and the afars. you watch Oromo will take over Issa land+influence in Ethiopia and they will be a second class in djbouti soon. This is what i was saying 7-8 years ago here it is not a race but a marathon and tigray and their Issa slaves are in it for a very tough future. we will make sure those 2 the master and the slave are never in power ever again to disturb their neighbours.

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Lol at Afars being nicer than Habashis or Oromos. They just don't have the numbers (3-4 million worldwide) to make hay. We are keeping these fuckers at bay. They have coalesced into one (Afar Liyu police, militia from Eritrea, militia from Ethiopia) jabhad, or militia, fighting against Ciise nomads in western Sitti. Even Ethiopia's federal troops side with them.

As for Somalinimo, fuck that shit! Cid uso gurmanaysow Ciiseha ku nool galbeedka Sitti usayn Ciise kalay ahayn majiro...so, yeah, fuck Somalis! Ciise uu isku filanyahay.
You have to understand one thing, some of the most elites in The eritrean army are afar/saho, infact one of the most famous brigades and most experienced is mainly made up of afar/saho and they were the one that stopped the Ethiopian special forces moving into asseb in 1999-2000 near Buya close to djbouti borders. The afar in the eritrean army would east the Issa for breakfast Trust me they are trained to the core and mostly have experinced the 1998-2000 war with ethiopia the Issa goat herders with a rusted AK47 will be no match for them. forget about the djboutian army all they do is eat khat and sleep they do not know what fighting is let alone a war. They can't even handle few oromo militia and are crying all over the internet.

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:22 pm

I think its the other way around, somali were the clones of saho who were the clones of afars. :mrgreen:

And where they (saho & afar) are today !!!! Under feet of habashis speaking their languages while Somalis have 2 countries in the horn. Listen dude it seems that survival is for fittest & Somalis won the battle of fittest. Somalia is only Cushite country after fall of kingdom Cush.
Djbouti was never a somali land but afar but like i said in this forum 7 years ago those Issa clowns will be wiped out and their days is coming. Afar in djbouti will take power i guarantee you that very soon. have you been paying attention lately? Mr ismail is going to run with his money and the issa will be rwanda 2.0.

You see i said that 7 years ago and people laughed at me in here especially with the border issue while the issa were serving their habesh tigrayan master. Now that oromo got the power who the hell do you think are moving them to clear them out from ethiopia first then djbouti next. remember the tigrayan generals getting killed recently??? who do you think that is behind it??? Mr ismali Gulleh knows we are coming for him and his issa comrades how many times The Issa have betrayed Eritrea and the afars. you watch Oromo will take over Issa land+influence in Ethiopia and they will be a second class in djbouti soon. This is what i was saying 7-8 years ago here it is not a race but a marathon and tigray and their Issa slaves are in it for a very tough future. we will make sure those 2 the master and the slave are never in power ever again to disturb their neighbours.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" Kkkkkkkk, keep dreaming dude.

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:28 pm

You have to understand one thing, some of the most elites in The eritrean army are afar/saho, infact one of the most famous brigades and most experienced is mainly made up of afar/saho and they were the one that stopped the Ethiopian special forces moving into asseb in 1999-2000 near Buya close to djbouti borders. The afar in the eritrean army would east the Issa for breakfast Trust me they are trained to the core and mostly have experinced the 1998-2000 war with ethiopia the Issa goat herders with a rusted AK47 will be no match for them. forget about the djboutian army all they do is eat khat and sleep they do not know what fighting is let alone a war. They can't even handle few oromo militia and are crying all over the internet.

Afar are just foot soldiers in Eritrean army, & whole army is ran by Christian Tigray(whatever they called themselves), majority of Muslim afar ran to refugee camps in Sudan & to Saudi crying & begging with Muslim card. Spread your lies somewhere else.

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Small note about afar so revolt in Djibouti:
1) it is funded & planned by Emirates (anybody can check their newspapers since last year & they were predicting this revolution).
2) if afar took over Djibouti, the Somali businesses & wealth will leave Djibouti(they are connected to khader First Lady) Wait for financial sector to collapse.
3) Emirates wants to destroy Djibouti’s port like they have done in Aden.
4) the Chinese will be kicked out of Djibouti & bye to Singapore of Horn.
5) Somalis in Djibouti will fight back, get ready for civil war & Emirates will play everyone & some parts & states will demand separation like in Yemen.
6) Chinese will leave easily but they will support Somalis against afar. (Proxy wars will start in Djibouti)
7) last Eritrea will try to annex more land while Djiboutians are killing each other.
Follow Yemen news & you will see your future.

Canuck2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Canuck2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:58 pm

The weakest ethnic group in the Horn after Adaris are Danakils/ Afars, not to mention the hideous culture of sharing wives among villagers. Do you want me to expose you some more?

You are no more than 100k in Djibouti, if at that, and if it were not for the Ethio federal troops, we will be doing Harimadee in Samara, your capital.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.