Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you like to see win in Somalia elections 2021

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
kassan

Who would you like to see win in Somalia elections 2021

Postby kassan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Khayre could make a good President.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Who would you like to see win in Somalia elections 2021

Postby paperino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:55 am

I would like to see a local non-diaspora win the presidency.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

I would like to see Farmaajo reelected, he gave up his american citizenship and is doing alot of good things for Somalia, I would be cool with another Tayo party leader, all I want is President that is transparent and is progressing the nations interest in the international arena, and like Farmaajo stays clear of internal squabbles.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 am

Abdirahman abdishakur . Why ? If you don't like farmaajo, nabar iyo naxdin , cayayanka baraha bulshada and MAREEXAN. Shakur is your buddy.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:32 am

My second favorite is Omar abdirashid . Real politician .

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 pm

I would like to see Farmaajo reelected, he gave up his american citizenship and is doing alot of good things for Somalia, I would be cool with another Tayo party leader, all I want is President that is transparent and is progressing the nations interest in the international arena, and like Farmaajo stays clear of internal squabbles.
Giving up American or European citizenship isn't a big deal; it's only good for traveling. Someone with such citizenship shouldn't have any rights to be part of the local or federal gov. The rights exclusively belong to the local non-diaspora people. Somalia is perhaps the only country where a significant number of diaspora people are part of the local & federal gov. For example, you won't find an American who grew up and lived in Sweden for 30 years taking part in Seattle's mayoral election, winning and holding the position. So, there should be a compelling reason to 're-elect' president Farmaajo other than giving up citizenship.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Giving up American or European citizenship isn't a big deal; it's only good for traveling. Someone with such citizenship shouldn't have any rights to be part of the local or federal gov. The rights exclusively belong to the local non-diaspora people. Somalia is perhaps the only country where a significant number of diaspora people are part of the local & federal gov. For example, you won't find an American who grew up and lived in Sweden for 30 years taking part in Seattle's mayoral election, winning and holding the position. So, there should be a compelling reason to 're-elect' president Farmaajo other than giving up citizenship.
Yeah I think during the election month, there is going to be list of achievements available.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Yeah I think during the election month, there is going to be list of achievements available.
Cite 3-5 of his major achievements.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Professor Shirwac and why:

1. Built the first university in Galmudug: Galkacyo University

2. Spearheaded the Hobyo to Galkacyo road initiative

3. Skilled administrator who is not partisan and known to bring people with differing views to work for the common interests

I admired that he went to Galmudug when it was not a federal state and invested in getting the basics off the ground. He was not like those fly by politicians who visit their home regions when seeking political opportunities but are never heard from again

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Why are you skeptical? Im actually curious

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Why are you skeptical? Im actually curious
Because for the average Somali, I don't see tangible achievements or progress.

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Bro while I am fond of sharing positive news and promoting awareness regarding the progress the nations has made under this government, I believe any adequately intelligent person can see this with the naked eye. I do not enjoy repeating it incessantly to convince the dumb deaf and blind, its blatant this government has made alot of improvement. You ask me for 5, well let me condense the improvements into 5 key sectors.

1. Foreign relations: The improved position of Somalia in several key foreign relations areas, neutrality in Gulf dispute and preventing being used as a proxy, Ethiopia-Egypt dispute neutrality changed from decades long unconditional support for Egypt which never benefited us, Horn states alliance established and better relations with our regional stakeholders, our position in the Somali territorial waters dispute with Kenya. Establishing closer ties with US, Turkey, Qatar, EU and several key nations and orginisations, reopening embassies and lifting several travel bans.

2.Military: The improvement in the SNA structure, payment, recruitment, funding and training. Lifting the arms embargo.

3.National integrity: The acquisition and relocation of the Somali air space control command center.The firing and replacement of Nicholas Haysom as well as several hundred UNISOM workers who maliciously interfered in our internal affairs. The arrest and detention of several foreign spoilers including UAE agent where millions of dollars were confiscated. Military boots in Beledxaawo securing national border against Kenyan aggression.

4.Economic sector: consecutive increase in the annual national budget, acquisition of bigger loans and donations, total debt relief.

5. Internal affairs: The synergy that exist between the President and Prime minister, unseen before in the last 30 years. Better structure with regional states, regional meetings and consultation held in Somali soil and not foreign cities.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:20 pm

dalalos101, on paper the list sounds impressive. However, those achievements haven't improved the well-being of the average Somali. What good are all those if the average Somali continues to suffer?

bashe19
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bashe19 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:09 pm

But Axmad Madoobe could be best president: Nimayohow afsomali aan ku hadalno, anigu af ingriisiga wa aqaan, as prsident of Jubvaland ahaan hhhhhh

:dj:

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:48 pm

But Axmad Madoobe could be best president: Nimayohow afsomali aan ku hadalno, anigu af ingriisiga wa aqaan, as prsident of Jubvaland ahaan hhhhhh

:dj:
Technically, Madoobe qualifies more as president in terms of residency requirement, not having Western citizenship, fluency in the Somali language, experience as a field commander and other qualities. Unfortunately, he serves the interests of a neighboring country.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.