Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Western Sitti: Victory is Ours!

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Western Sitti: Victory is Ours!

Postby Jabuutawi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Last 36 hours the war in western Sitti has been brutal. The Afars have totally been decimated by Ciise fighters with assistance from Somali Liyu.

Degaalka looma dhaano. It is not even all Ciise in the fighting much less other Somalis. That said, these young Ciise fighters, including within the Somali Liyu, have essentially regained all the lands from the Afars and killed hundreds, yes, hundreds of Afars! They are few kilometers away from Gewane, second largest city in Afar region.

Nin dhulkisa difaaciyow waa shahiid. Alla u naxaristow dhalinyarta ku shahiida Garbaciise, Denhalney, Madane iyo meelaha kale badan ee dhulka balaadhan ee beelweynta Ciise.

Guul is ours, indeed.

SunFromNorth
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Western Sitti: Victory is Ours!

Postby SunFromNorth » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Happy to see Ethnic Somalis in Somali Galbeed having a victory and I want a mass deportion of Afar in Djibouti the French invited them to ruin Somali land

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:33 pm

:up:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:57 pm

Jabuti, why have the Afars started fighting now in such odd moment?

Admittedly, my understanding of Ciise settlement whenn it comes to border with Cafar is probably as informed as yours is about Marehan and Borana border in Nageyle---which is not that informed I imagine.

I have actually turned to trying to see what they were saying and I was surprised by the anguish and desperation the Afar are displaying.

According to them, it is not a question of what is settled and where now but that Ciise on the backs of Greater Dir in Shiniile etc and Somalieyn in 5th Kilil have allegedly been "displacing" Afar for decades. I mean wallahi these guys are crying---there is no way you can look ag them and see an enemy worth defeating.

This is not to say they haven't committed heinous crimes but they seem almost pathetoc and desperate which is to say in the larger context, you would be hard-pressed not to also see them as victims.

Please explain to me why thry keep saying Ciise/Somalis have landgrabbed so far beyond the river that if they don't make a stand now on the Djibouti-Addis highway, which they say is deep in their historical land, they might as well give up everything

And why are these guys fighting in Ethiopia when they share a government and country in Djibouti?

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Jabuutawi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 pm

Early unconfirmed reports say Ciise youth fighters and some Somali Liyu police have raised the Somali regional flag in Gewane, Afar state, second largest city in Afar region.

Gubbet to answer your questions. You are quite right, my knowledge of Borane/Marehan issue is non-existent. Your grasp of the issue in western Sitti and Afar Zones 1 and 3 are far superior (albeit, skewed toward Afars) than my understanding of your neck of the woods.

This fight started over 3 years ago when the so-called winds of change blew all over Ethiopia with the ouster of the TPLF from Addis. Some would argue it started way before that time frame. I belong to the latter school of thought. This goes back to Menelik II and beyond. Ciise land was (still is), but relatively speaking, expansive, and Habasha started encroaching into Ciise territory by using proxies like Afars and Oromos. The giveaway of these 3 main towns in 2004 to Afars is no exception to the rule of encroachment into Ciise territory. No single Afar person or structure is present in these towns, yet they claim it. The residents are 100% Ciise. All over that area, starting from Djibouti border to Hawash, 700KM long, is settled by Ciise.

Afars as 'victim' is laughable. They play well the victim-hood card to the larger audience in social media and Ethiopian federal parliament but are ruthless killers. They don't spare anyone they capture but kill them outright. They have killed entire Ciise families', sparing no one, even kids and pregnant women are tortured and killed. I shed no tears when I see their dead strewn all over the killing fields.

As for Dir 'support', none is there or ever was to begin with. In fact, next to Afars, our enemies are Gadabursi and Gurgura, laba qabil oo cuqdad Ciise dishay. Dee maa anaga langaab ka dhignay. They need to grow balls and fight for what they claim as theirs. Out of Somalinimo, we make them gudomiyaha Dambel and Erer, respectively. Both degmo, Ciise far outnumber them.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:11 am

This is indeed interesting news.....I hesitate to say good news because Muslims slaughtering each other can never be good.

Jabutwi......what proximity is Babile to the fighting and do you have any news on the plight Kraanle and other Somali groups whom were ethically cleansed a few years back.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 pm

Last 36 hours the war in western Sitti has been brutal. The Afars have totally been decimated by Ciise fighters with assistance from Somali Liyu.

Degaalka looma dhaano. It is not even all Ciise in the fighting much less other Somalis. That said, these young Ciise fighters, including within the Somali Liyu, have essentially regained all the lands from the Afars and killed hundreds, yes, hundreds of Afars! They are few kilometers away from Gewane, second largest city in Afar region.

Nin dhulkisa difaaciyow waa shahiid. Alla u naxaristow dhalinyarta ku shahiida Garbaciise, Denhalney, Madane iyo meelaha kale badan ee dhulka balaadhan ee beelweynta Ciise.

Guul is ours, indeed.
As an elder statesman in Somalinet, I thought you were above the fray and hearsays. What stats do you have that the shahiid freedom fighters were mainly from Ciise? I can tell you today that almost 90% of the shahiids are Ogaden, and from corner to corner in the region, many mothers are weeping in pain. This is a Somali issue, and it should stay that way. If Ciise alone wanted to fight, we know what Canfar did in the region, especially in the last several months.

The misguided rhetoric and propaganda are reserved for one clan in Somalinet. We should be better than that.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Jabuutawi » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Guhad, you are absolutely right that majority of the casualty were Ogaden in the last 48 hours. I mourn the loss of these young Ogaden men who signed up for the job voluntarily and weep with their mothers. Please convey my deepest condolences to all the Ogaden mothers who lost sons to this battle in the last 2 days.

I equally convey my deepest condolences to the Ciise mothers who have lost countless sons to this on-going 1,000 plus days war. While they never volunteered for anything but to defend their land without backing from a regional state whatsoever, they have, nonetheless, valiantly fought to the death for honor and country. For that, all Somalis in DDS must owe them a gratitude.

Everyone knows Afars cannot, will not, win against Ciise. They get assistance from the ENDF in every fight. That is a fact. They are always propped up by the Habashi/Gaala ENDF troops.

I also beg to differ that it is a 'Somali' issue. If it were, where are the other Somalis in this fight? There are more Somali clans in DDS than Somalia proper, but who gets the brunt of the Habashi-Galla-Odacali wrath but for 2 or 3 clans?

OD: Babile is in E. Harerghe, those folks have become Oromized long ago.

gobdoon
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gobdoon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 pm

War is not the answer and I hope cool heads prevail, if the Anfar made some miscalculation and attached their Somali neighbours I hope they realise their mistakes and reconsile with their neighbours and coexist after all they are the same family as they intermarry and are related in every way and share Degaan
Nabad ha lagu wada nolado Somali ayagu ha is nabad geliyan, umadaha la noolna ha nabad geliyan
Peace and out

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm

I used to be biased towards Afars in the past, because of how they aided oromo refugees in djibouti, who were targeted by the tplf allied djibouti regime... but this is sad. I read over 100 killed in the recent fighting, this is not an ordinary ''border conflict.''

Who started this recent fight? It seems that Ethiopia is on fire, from the east, to the amara & eritrean forces invading parts of Oromia [where my clan lives, in the west, where the OLF is very strong], to the tigray war still raging. Abiy was literally crying, exhausted, saying our army is fighting on 8 FRONTS, and it's an exhausting guerrilla war(s) and he was saying that we desperately need to recruit troops, and that many ethiopians ''are fb warriors and do not want to be recruited to fight.'' eritrea is literally propping up abiy, without the eritrean regime, abiy probably would be in deep doo doo.!

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Guhad, you are absolutely right that majority of the casualty were Ogaden in the last 48 hours. I mourn the loss of these young Ogaden men who signed up for the job voluntarily and weep with their mothers. Please convey my deepest condolences to all the Ogaden mothers who lost sons to this battle in the last 2 days.

I equally convey my deepest condolences to the Ciise mothers who have lost countless sons to this on-going 1,000 plus days war. While they never volunteered for anything but to defend their land without backing from a regional state whatsoever, they have, nonetheless, valiantly fought to the death for honor and country. For that, all Somalis in DDS must owe them a gratitude.

Everyone knows Afars cannot, will not, win against Ciise. They get assistance from the ENDF in every fight. That is a fact. They are always propped up by the Habashi/Gaala ENDF troops.

I also beg to differ that it is a 'Somali' issue. If it were, where are the other Somalis in this fight? There are more Somali clans in DDS than Somalia proper, but who gets the brunt of the Habashi-Galla-Odacali wrath but for 2 or 3 clans?

OD: Babile is in E. Harerghe, those folks have become Oromized long ago.
I concord, brother! Kuligood Ilaahey ha u naxariisto. Wiil Ciise iyo Wiil Ogaaden wiill uma dhaxeeyo...When the criminal Canfar marauding militias lost the war and got their behinds handed to them, they resorted to killing civilians in Cadeytu.
Amhara, and remnants of TPLF are assisting the Canfar, and if we keep united, there is nothing they can do. Ogaden and Ciise are the two majority clans in the region, and their unity is paramount to confront the Canfar aggression. Why is Abiy quiet on this?

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:49 pm

abiy is already engulfed in war on 8 other fronts-in tigray & in oromia bro, he can't do much.
then you have egypt and sudan who recently had major military drills. they may invade soon, who knows? or abiy will sell them the dam for the sake of his power.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:47 pm

abiy is already engulfed in war on 8 other fronts-in tigray & in oromia bro, he can't do much.
then you have egypt and sudan who recently had major military drills. they may invade soon, who knows? or abiy will sell them the dam for the sake of his power.
I don't think Abiy was ever ready for the monotonous task of leading a diverse nation with so many complicating issues. Do most Oromos support him? I know the Amharas are mostly pleased with him as he appears to be entertaining the Absinnian black imperialist agenda.

Waachis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Waachis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:10 pm

I don't think Abiy was ever ready for the monotonous task of leading a diverse nation with so many complicating issues. Do most Oromos support him? I know the Amharas are mostly pleased with him as he appears to be entertaining the Absinnian black imperialist agenda.
No, he was not, but the greed and lust for money and power, which is present in most of Bani Adam, took over.
Now, he's essentially, entirely relying on Eritrean & Amara troops to stay in power.
No, we do not support him for the most part, even now, most Oromia police refuse to fight OLF, and are joining the OLF.
So he's sending in Amara & Eritrean forces into parts of Oromia to fight.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Jabuutawi » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:30 pm

:up:

I want to thank the Garre clan of Dawa and Liban for their support of their fellow Somalis in western Sitti. Here is their odey dhaqameed giving us hiil iyo hob na garab tagan.

The usual cuqdad filled clans, Gadabursi, Gurgura and Isaq are silent. Their silence speaks volumes.

@10:25

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.