Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does it ever bother you or,do you ever wonder....

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Does it ever bother you or,do you ever wonder....

Postby dhuusa_deer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:40 am

[quote="*HannaH*"]
...as if she was a fire hose or something. I thought that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. So, I said how can that happen? It's illogical, and yes I know there are some things that are beyond our understanding..but come on, that is just plain ridiculous. [/quote]

In logical circles your case is the product of what is called COGNITIVE DISSONANCE or in colloquial terms DOUBLE-THINK. This is natural outcome for ANYONE who attempts to hold internally contradictory believe system. You're left in a decisional limbo, a catch-22 of sort.

On one hand you're a believer in Allah: the creater of EVERYTHING including that we call LOGIC. Therefore NOTHING is 'illogical' as far as what's possible and what not in ALLAH'S WORLD. He can undo the laws of nature in fact he did with regularity in the old days with miracles like splitting the moon, parting the seas for moses and Isrealites, Mohammed's Miraj and so forth. No fully convinced muslim or believer in Allah like diety can't question ANY paranormal or unexplainable event attributed to God.

So when ppl ascribe to God prosaically otherwise unexplainable incidents, you can't dismiss that as illogical otherwise you're questioning the WILL of Allah. I know by now your spinning like mad dervish frusterated at where I'm going with this. But I implore to actually brood over what I've said. If logic, reasonableness and evendiary conformance is what you use to make valued judgements then you must apply it across the board. You CAN'T half-heartedly use the aforementioned means to dismiss anectodal paranormal, unusual incidents ascribed to Allah while at the SAME time believing the same ALLAH who is at least theoretically possible of pulling them all off. If you do, the natural result is the confused state of mind you're in now.

You need to go the distance!!!

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:12 am

Sounds like our HannaH is going through crises of faith perhaps....

Naa Tuko.

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:24 am

Dhuuso, Cognitive dissonance is not difficult concept to grasp but how you have utilized the theory, your context if you may , made it confusing to yourself, hence, your surrender and the abandonemnet of the theory's easy conceptualization before you have even finished your post to HannaH. Adaa ku wareeray waxaad sheegtay markaasaad u naxday qof kale, how surely caring of you.

Anyway, your proclivity to write constantly in favour of your lack of beliefs is praiseworthy although you fight a losing war. Saxib, I pray to God to grant you the guidance you seek.

Take Care.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:32 am

What's so hard about cognitive dissonance? It's the frustration one goes through when they can't do something they desire because of perceived threat, punishment or obstacle. Simple.

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:34 am

But dhuuso wasn't smart ass like you to grasp such simple concept.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:36 am

Gamadiid...I'm not surprised walaal. DD is still debating the same simple concepts we have debated a year ago. His brain lacks the capacity to grasp simple ideas while he claims to be a scientist. Laughing Laughing Laughing I truly believe he is brain-injured.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:44 am

'your proclivity to write constantly in favour of your lack of beliefs is praiseworthy '

Waryaa--are you praising the atheist for his Godless views???? How Au contraire! Laughing Laughing

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:46 am

^^why do brain-less people always take stuff out of context? He was not praising his atheism but rather his persistence..Read the rest of the line, you dumbass Laughing Laughing

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:46 am

Separating intellectual whole into simpler parts requires a trained mind. In his drive to prove God's inexistence, or belittle others for the conscious choices they make/made, Dhuuso loses it with easy. Perhaps he should be less passionate about religion and enjoy life a little.

Lion Heart.

That is Basra's way of flirting with me and saying with impatience: Oh Gama, grace me with your ebullient gregarious personality.

Anyway, saxib, I am trying hard to ignore the busty lady who did a boob job just to prove her inexplicable obsesseion with satisfying a mere man though she pretends to be all that free and unslaved. How sweet.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:55 am

Lion--why are you conversing with me???? Helooooo----talk to the hand~! Speak when you are spoken to!!!!

Anywayzzz...... Very Happy

Helooo Gamadid

I beg your pardon dearest-- how are you doing sweety ebullient gregarious smiley face. Smile You are indeed sounding spectacularly great i must reveal--it is as if you are a 'new' you! I am quite charmed i must say.Flirting with you is NO sin that i can assure you my dear-- you are one in thousands of gentlemen of rare,mystic jewel of propriety, courage & above all--- gentleman like manners & sweet. I must say i am liking the New inaa diid! Laughing Laughing Laughing

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:00 am

Gamadiid..i hear ya..

Basra...LOOOOOOOOOOOOL...Did i hurt your feelings, fat one, by taking Gama's side? Laughing Laughing Laughing Honey, i aint no Kamal.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:07 am

[quote="Gamadid."]Dhuuso, Cognitive dissonance is not difficult concept to grasp but how you have utilized the theory, your context if you may , made it confusing to yourself, hence, your surrender and the abandonemnet of the theory's easy conceptualization before you have even finished your post to HannaH. Adaa ku wareeray waxaad sheegtay markaasaad u naxday qof kale, how surely caring of you. [quote]

I've read the above passage several times and I still can't make sense of WHAT it is you disagree with my analysis of Hannah's delimma.

Using Cognitive dissonance to explain her predicament is absolutely approperiate. It is she who believes in Allah, who can do anything, AND relies on logic, reason and inferrence of plausability from past experience/s. As she revealed in her recounting of an experience where she was told by someone an improbable incident (in her view), her reaction was it is ILLOGICAL. I told her what is ascribed to Allah can NOT be illogical or unreasonable since his powers transcend logic/reasonableness and natural laws of our universe. If on the other hand you rely SOLELY on reason, evidence, logic (like I) then you can immediately dismiss ANY incident that seems to break natural laws of the universe like walking on water, talking burning bushes, splitting the moon, possession by jinn etc. But she believes in Allah AND relies on logic/reasonableness. THIS is cognitive dissonance manifested in her puzzlement!

[quote]Anyway, your proclivity to write constantly in favour of your lack of beliefs is praiseworthy although you fight a losing war. [quote]

I'm anonymous guy on internet message board, HOW can I possibly win or lose ANY war Confused

[quote]I pray to God to grant you the guidance you seek.[quote]

And I'll think for you.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:09 am

War orodoo iska seexo. Stop wasting your time on Snet where no1 pays any attention to what u have to say.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
U are a joke man.

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:27 am

Gamadid

I will not use the term `concious' in this context if I were you. The overwhelming majority of people do not make concious decisions about their belief systems be they secular or religious; temporal or spiritual. they simply accept what their societies believe and practise. Furthermore all societies make opting out of the established norms and practises extremely difficult if not imposibble.

And before someone says aha! Galol is bashing religions again I am not: it is as difficult to opt out from consumerism in America as it is to opt out from Islam in Saudi Arabia.

That is why those who make concious decisions to opt out; to reject; to oppose established systems are always seen as oddities and curiosities and threats in the most confident cultures and in the best of times and hated outright in les confident, self-assured societies who feel most threatened by people making concious decisons.

So people like Avowedly who opted twice(from faith and from Consumer society if he is indeed a commie) are uniquely courageous individuals that deserve reverence and appreciation even if you disagree with them. But that will be going against natural fears and barriers. Hence the hostility from people of even hinting at concious thinking as the reaction to Hannah's mild, innocent questioning proves. Totally understandable.

studente
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby studente » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:34 am

looooooooooool. what a depressingly inadequate attempt at humor. Laughing If a lady who starts spewing water from her stomach and the pores of her skin like a fire hydrant and then explodes to smithereens then ofcourse, it totally is shaytan. ofcourse it COULD be spontaneous hydro combustion but that's just silly Laughing

anyway, u haven't given any concrete examples (other thant the dumb water story) and until u do, I shall stop myself from responding. Rolling Eyes

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.