Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marriage, Divorce, Marriage Cycle

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Marriage, Divorce, Marriage Cycle

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:11 am

In my recent travels into more SOmali inhabited areas, i have begun to see a tsunami of marriages and divorces. Whats causing this ? Its sad to see how some Somalis find it easy to get married and just as easy to divorce.

I wonder how my cousin's third marriage will work out. I told the brother that if he divorces, he will have to reimburse me for travel expenses.

Moslima

Re: Marriage, Divorce, Marriage Cycle

Postby Moslima » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

[quote="AbdiWahab252"] I told the brother that if he divorces, he will have to reimburse me for travel expenses.[/quote]

Laughing Laughing

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:27 am

It is caused by lack of patience and mediation. People are just not willing to try harder to make it work these days. I guess there is no point wasting more time on something that is failing.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:32 am

eyes,,, its probably because folks fall into jaceel to easily and marry too quickly.

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:35 am

As soon as you bring her to America, she'll leave your ass for a white man.

Beenaale_No1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Beenaale_No1 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:35 am

Its not jecel. Some couples are just too horny and cant wait.

qudhac-m
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby qudhac-m » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:36 am

Eyes

Bad sexx on the side of the ladies is to blame

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:46 am

Abdi,

Waa pretty simple. The majority of Somalis get married to spouses, they've never met, or have met briefly in a family setting, or are related to. Mal maahan every aroos' I went to was a couisn marriage, I guess waa IN, cajiib(What a way to guarentee a high divorce rate) In other words something is definitely missing in most Somali marriages. I can't pinpoint what it is exactly though.

I won't be shocked if your cousin's marriage fails, God forbids.

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:17 am

Factors that contribute to the high rate of Somali marriage and divorce:

1)... Admiring someone on a video tape. Wedding tapes circulate like movies (No privacy at all) you'll come across a bunch of Farahs watching a wedding tape that they don't even know whose is it, then they will see a chick that is shaking what God gave her like there is no tomorrow, One of the Farahs will vow to tap that divine thing whatever it takes, he will trace her to her doorsteps and start a crusade of marriage.

2)....A single mother with hefty welfare paycheck, section 8 voucher and a small cubicle she calls a shop and sells traditional stuff, generates a moderate income with no man in her life. Farah is tempted and puts on his pink qamiis, salaams her while stroking his beard and asking for her hand. She adamantly accepts, knowing in the back of her head that she will kick him out if he doesn't behave.

3) ....Calling the Ugaas of his sub clan and asking about habaryar Cambaro's daughter, the Ugaas is all praises of Cambaro's daughter, Farah asks him to arrange the marriage on his behalf and send the package. The package arrives in the form of Hijabed nice Halimo. Three months later, she befriends with Ashley (formerly known as Deeqo) and the rest is history.

*HannaH*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *HannaH* » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:28 am

The problem is in the sense of loyalty. Whatever happened to the good old days when husbands and wives were loyal to each other? Thru the good and bad....
You dont see people that are down for their other no matter what, and it sukcs.......

Any little thing sets people off...it's like what??? what did you say to me?? That's it give me waraaq. Boolshid, you have to stick it out ileen nobody forced you to marry that person...there was a reason you did.

Since there is no loyalty, or lack there of....we have all become disposable to one another.

Somalideenu, we are going backwards I swear man...people are suppose to progress.
Actually not only Somalis, the overall quality of the human being has gone down, things like integrity, honour and respect are because scarce and in some cases downright extinct.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:40 am

Sir Lug

With all due respect-- the factors you have listed has nothing to do with the high number of Somali Wedding/Divorces. Perhaps # 1 explains your hobby but the rest are just little here & there tidbits that was not necessarily a factor.When you all want a Sociological answer --u go to Basra. I make a lot of private studies that come up with very interesting conclusions.

My take in this fashion trend is simple : Mali Wedding Happens because--Horny Virgins---Go running & singing Madonna's song-- "Like a Virgin--touched for the very first time"! All the brides wants is that technically 'First' touch! Rolling Eyes But more realitistically the bride --is ready to manufacture a baby.After all the bride--is doing what her culture instucts her to do--- get married--must have kids & kick the husband out. The groom --simply Weds since there is no other way to get a classy Somali Cleopatra to bed other than this expensive Matrimonial papers route. (If he wanted anything else--alot of dhilos are available or fat white chics for free)

--------------

Also more poignantly is the fact that Somalis are generally immature people.So two silly love birds come together---puts on an expensive white dress, a cheap suit & they get ON with it. After Honeymoon comes-its all Macaan & Gacaal. Sadly then arrives the ievitable Sourmood--I mean-REALITY-hits the poor inexperiences newly weds-- so they freak out at first--scream Abaha Waas & Hooyo---u know what at each other second & finally & certainly deliciously --- Ping Poong--they Divorce! Laughing (And certainly give us--a thing to Gossip about. Aaah ---such thrills i tell you i get from hearing divorces looool)

--Later a Whole NEW phenomenon is been born here in the West! Once the bride becomes divorced, single motherhood unveils. Immediately the phenom is followed by Having sex with horny dow- low farahs thus becoming a Western norm.They both do their dirty business in the down low that--- every party becomes blissfully happy.I know-- Rolling Eyes --Disgusting & certainly---these now turned Dhiloyiins --make this single & available Farahs--- NEVER actually available.Therefore lets not be severely shocked if Sir Luggooyo never trully has a reason why he is single in his age. Laughing

And..certainly....Therefore--for the females--i am guessing they first need the 'Married Woman Status' , acompanied with some sort of culturely freedom, then the kids-- & of course --later Metamorphosizing into delicate little Geisha Caraweelos in the down low. Not all of them--to be fair--not all turn out to be this disgrace i should for the sake of Niceness disclose-- Smile -I am sure there are many who are unlucky with men & honestly, actively are looking for a good Halaal second marriage.But let us be realistic-- Which Somali Man will actually marry a single mother with luggage of kids?? Unless the Single mother is Fantastically Beautiful--then at least--its her beauty that is her ticket to bliss. Laughing

However for the males-- they are the innocent ones-- the proverbial little abdi machines that can be turned on & off any time at the Whim of this Phenomenon!

In Conclusion--- Divorce & Marriage -while the rest of the world has a 50%-50% range of divorces--Somalis have a range of 80%- 80 % Divorce--rate---that is of course --because of the lack of maturity-- the restriction of culture & influence of our religion.(No dating or sleeping with each other is allowed before marriage).
Last edited by Basra- on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:41 am

[quote="qudhac-m"]Eyes

Bad sexx on the side of the ladies is to blame[/quote]

DonÂ’t be too sure, there are women that leave their men for being incompetent in the bedroom.

Luggoyo @ Laughing Laughing Laughing I think you summed it all up there.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 am

Luugoyo: Well versed.

Qudhac.... Warya get her the Isbice Channel ! You can learn together.

maria from west side
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby maria from west side » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:50 am

[quote="eyes-only"]It is caused by lack of patience and mediation..[/quote]

Typical Somali!.....Dulqaad ayaa looga baahan yahay. Waynu deeg deg badanahay. Embarassed

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:49 am

Maria, haraka haraka hayna baraka !

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.