Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Origin Of the Hawiye Tribe( not qabil thread)

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Minneapolis Mayor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

The Origin Of the Hawiye Tribe( not qabil thread)

Postby Minneapolis Mayor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 pm

What is Hawiye's real name?

Based on the report of a Samaroon expert on this arabic forum,
http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:-s9 ... &hl=en&ct=

And a book written by Axmad Madar (an Egyptian author i think) on the seven islamic kingdoms, and another book by shariff al caydurusi (an astrafi author from Yemen) called ''tarikh as-sumal'' ( i have this book at home), and common traditional sayings, the real name i believe is Shaykh Axmad al-xaawi,

it is said that the name ''Axmad'' came from the fact that Hawiye had a great grandfather who was said to be a Mujahid from Masar called Axmad, the book by al caydurusi confirms that Hawiye's name is Axmad, his brother Aaji (Dir's father, Aaji is an arabic nickname btw and Dir's real name is Abu bakr) is called ismaciil, their father Irir is called Abdiraxman, hence Axmad being Hawiye's great grandfather was named after him in respect presumably

and Hawiye's grandfather is called sh Cuthman ('Samaal'' being Cuthman's nickname which is an arabic word) Maxamad bin Axmad (the Egyptian Mujahid). According to that Samaroon expert, Samaal Maxamad landed in the horn of Africa somewhere around the 9/10 century. This supports the notion that Islam in the Horn of Africa was prevailing during this time. To add to that, I including several other Hawiyes count our names to Hawiye roughly between 22-28 generations, this coincides with the mentioning of Hawiye in the twelve century by various Arab geographists. According to Mudulood shaykhs who are Sheikh Abdi Ali and Sh. Fuad Xaaji Maxamad, Sh Samaal Maxamad is buried somewhere between Baydhabo and Luuq, here is the website http://www.mudulood.com/PageAbtirsiinya ... ulood.html

this same idea is confirmed in al caydurusi's book again. Moving on, I believe the name Al xaawi is similar to Hawiye in what sense?

In old somali poems composed together by 20th century figures like the Sayid, Hawiye was reffered to Haawey. This if modified, sounds similar to alxaawi right? Also, a freind of mine who is Sacad, who is an expert on Hawiye, who use to be on Snet, says Hawiye means ambition. Now, if we can find out what alxaawi means it would be very helpful in this research.

Hawiye and Islam?

That same Sacad freind tells me that many historians credit the Hawiye for spreading Islam in the horn of Africa. I made a remarkable discovery quite recently, that being that there is a town in Northern Ethiopia called Bet Hawiye, which is also located near Dir Dhaba (meaning in Somali; the place where Dir conquered)

here is the map

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/ET/12/Bet_Hawiya.html

Now, if we modify it to sound arabic, we can say Bayt al xaawi; meaning the house of Hawiye right? This supports my idea that Hawiye moved to these areas (which is near Oromo territory) to spread Islam. Not to mention the Karanle clan (Subclan of Hawiye) was the first Somali clan to conquer the local Oromo and indigenous population, and can still be located today as far as Godey and into Oromia.

So if we put the name of Hawiye abtiris, it goes like this

Shaykh Axmad bin Abdiraxman bin Cuthman bin Maxamad bin Axmad Al-mujahid.

Hawiye's name; Shaykh Axmad al xaawi; this is supported by the Hawiye odayaal as well.

Where is Hawiye's origin?

The book by caydurusi, and the Samaroon expert state that Masar (Egypt) is the original homeland, in which was controlled by the Abbasid dynasty during the peiod of time that Hawiye's ancestor reached the Horn of Africa after he was stranded, because Axmad al Mujahid's forces were leading an expedition to Yemen to fight the Nasara (Christians at that time). Also, genetic DNA haplogroup has many documented sources (even Wikipedia) which say the Somali DNA originates in Northern Africa, primarily between the Libya-Egypt border. Masar being the original homeland i believe is a good and strong theory.

Hawiye's family?

Hawiye had two wives and six sons and a daughter (''Lixdii Hawiyaha liibaantay'' as traditionalists say referring to the six sons). His first wife, Arbeera, was an arab (either from Yemen or from Egpyt i believe). She bore him three sons; Karanle (the eldest), Xaskul and Raaran. And the daughter too, called Xaliimo Hawiye. She eventually married odey Garre as the Garre tradition says. Arbeyra had a house girl named Giirey, she was a Galla who served Hawiye and his wife. Giirey bore Hawiye three more sons including your ancestor Gorgaarte ( ), Gugundhabe and Janbiil. Note it is a Halal process because Islamically, a Muslim can have children by his wife or ''aw maa malakat aymaanak'' meaning that which is in your right hand, in other words, Giirey's relationship with our ancestry father was Halaal. Btw, this further supports the idea that Hawiye was an Islamic fundamentalist (or a Shaykh) because Shaykhs tend to do this.

I think the main thing which has made us lose this knowlegde could possibly be the Italian occupation, who destroyed many ancestry documents that were preserved. To add to that, we along with the other nine children of Sh Samaal Maxamad have spread all over different parts of the Horn of Africa, some like Irir have largely remained in present day Somalia, some like the Rendille Gardheere have assimilated into Boran culture and lifestyle in Northeast Kenya. I think us as Somalis in general have adapted into the culture and lifestyle of the indegenous people that lived in the Horn of Africa before us, causing us to appear differently in appearance and so forth as compared to our ancestory Shaykh Axmad Alxaawi who i believe is buried in present day North central Ethiopia.

Thanks for reading this, i know it's long but i planned this out to help us find out more. By the way, don't show this up to other people or Snet members, just simply acknowledge that our father is Shaykh Axmad al xaawi whose original homeland is Masar.

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: The Origin Of the Hawiye Tribe( not qabil thread)

Postby black velvet » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Oxymoron

Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Addoow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm

black
where is the line that you considered it to be "oxymoron"?

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Speaking up against Somalinet's tolerance for Al Qaida Loyalists

Postby Twisted_Logic » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 pm

We are not a noble Somali clan not some arabian expats. Only insignificant clans are obsessed with claiming to be arabs :down:

Minneapolis Mayor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Minneapolis Mayor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 pm

awoowe halkaan uu kuduuganyahay

subeir123
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby subeir123 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Twisted_Logic wrote:We are not a noble Somali clan not some arabian expats. Only insignificant clans are obsessed with claiming to be arabs :down:

Well said Hawiye is pure somali :up:

black velvet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby black velvet » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Addoow wrote:black
where is the line that you considered it to be "oxymoron"?

The one you clicked on when you entered the thread

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:04 pm

It maybe the current day Hawiye are Ajuraan oo Oromo kumilmay.

Buhodle-Gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Buhodle-Gurl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 pm

:lol: Shaykh Axmad Al-Xaawi :lol:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Hawiye = Native African Tribe :up:

The HUTU consider this thread to be pure blasphemy and character assasination :x

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gemini07 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Buhodle-Gurl wrote: :lol: Shaykh Axmad Al-Xaawi :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

walaahi kursigaa ka dhacay when i read that

Diyeeshaha_Tolka
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Diyeeshaha_Tolka » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 pm

kani MM markuu ayeeydiis ka hadli jiray ayaaba la qaatay hada lalabo ayuu sii noqday ,maantana carab ayuu naga dhigay

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:23 pm

:mrgreen:
Dude keep this lie to yourself.

Hawiye are pure cushitic somalis,the real owners of somalia :up:

Cumar-Labasuul
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cumar-Labasuul » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:35 pm

I wanna know if somalis didn't descend from arabs, then how come when the companions of the prophet(SAW) fled to abyssinia there were no such somalis but only original abyssinians? The only way i believe that we are a mixed nation is because of our features and our culture which is different from the rest of africa but simliar to arabs/indians/persians etc.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Cumar-Labasuul wrote:I wanna know if somalis didn't descend from arabs, then how come when the companions of the prophet(SAW) fled to abyssinia there were no such somalis but only original abyssinians? The only way i believe that we are a mixed nation is because of our features and our culture which is different from the rest of africa but simliar to arabs/indians/persians etc.

dont fool your self what kind of mixture does this guy standing with a Diana beautified woman have?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.