Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atleast 300 militant Al shabab prepare for Ramadan war

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
User avatar
Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Atleast 300 militant Al shabab prepare for Ramadan war

Postby Coeus » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 pm

300 forces of Shabab militants have on Tuesday reached Elasha-biyaha, and are reported to have been heading to the capital Mogadishu attending wars of the coming month of Ramadan.

Eyewitness told Mareeg tonight that three hundred soldiers on big trucks reached rebel group of Shabab military station in Elasha-biyaha and for a few minutes later they were led to KM13 close to the capital Mogadishu.



The eyewitness confirmed to Mareeg that those soldiers would reach Daynile district of Benadir region in the capital Mogadishu and attend wars which Shabab expects to take against the African union peacekeeping forces and Somali national army.



Sources close to Shabab media confirm the arrival of hundreds of Al-qaeda linked group militias coming from Jubba, middle Shabelle, lower Shabelle and Hiiraan regions attending what they called holy wars in the next month of the holy Ramadan month.

User avatar
Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 4962
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:06 pm
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Re: Atleast 300 militant Al shabab prepare for Ramadan war

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Only 300? Burundians will rape those little fuckers. :lol:

User avatar
Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Re: Atleast 300 militant Al shabab prepare for Ramadan war

Postby Coeus » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Only 300? Burundians will rape those little fuckers. :lol:
Yeah :lol: :lol: :up:

User avatar
Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Re: Atleast 300 militant Al shabab prepare for Ramadan war

Postby Coeus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:41 am

Al-Shabaab Plans New Ramadan Offensive

Image


Despite the failure of last year’s Ramadan offensive and a recent lull in fighting, militant Islamist group al-Shabaab is sending new troops to Mogadishu for another offensive during the Muslim holy month, which begins August 1.

As many as 2,000 troops could flood the city in an attempt to regain ground lost this year to government forces and the African Union peacekeeping force (known as AMISOM), although top al-Shabaab officials gave Somalia Report conflicting figures.


“We have not attacked in the past few months since we were busy within,” Sheikh Mukhtar Robow (Abu Mansoor), former al-Shabaab spokesman and now military commander, told Somalia Report, possibly referring to internal divisions within the group.

“But we are going to give the infidels and the non-believers a true taste of Jihad come the holy blessed month of Ramadan,” he added by telephone from the insurgent stronghold of Baidoa.

An investigation by Somalia Report found that al-Shabaab has already deployed 200 young men fresh from training in the Gedo region, with many of them tasked with carrying out suicide attacks in the government-controlled regions of Mogadishu.

Recruitment drive bears fruit

There have been reports of hundreds of new fighters graduating from training camps in the last few months, and as usual much of the fresh blood is due to face the experienced Ugandan and Burundian troops in the capital.

Abu Mansoor said 1,800 new fighters had been forcibly recruited since March and taken to training camps in Kismayo, Afgoye, Gedo and Baidoa. While the group has been suffering a funding crisis, the young Jihadists have been promised a monthly salary of $250 and the chance to go straight to heaven by martyring themselves during Ramadan.

However, another al-Shabaab commander told Somalia Report the number of fresh troops was higher.

“We managed to recruit 2000 new Mujahideen, who are going to continue the assault," said Abu Ali, a commander based in Elasha Biyaha, on the outskirts of Mogadishu.

He said the youth will be stationed in government-held areas and shall attack those who have denied al-Shabaab “a peaceful Islamic state”.

Abu Mansoor also called on other Somali youth to use the holy month to join their battle and take on the African Union.

“They brought a breed of hatred and divided us, and now they want to rule us again, but let me tell you: we rule by the gun and the knife,” he said.

Yahya Yunis, a former al-Shabaab fighter now in the government-administered side of the capital, said the insurgents would be ruthless and inventive in their attempts to gain back territory in Mogadishu.

“They have no respect for religion, life or personality and they may attack in unfamiliar patterns,” he told Somalia Report.




AMISOM braced for battle

AMISOM Spokesman Major Paddy Ankunda, speaking from the Halane military base in Mogadishu, told Somalia Report the peacekeeping forces were aware of the plans and called on Somalis to be vigilant for bomb attacks.

“We know they can attack and we cannot doubt their capability: they have attacked on various occasions and we have incurred losses, but rest assured this time there shall be no mistakes,” Ankunda told Somalia Report.

“They have reduced their tempo and cannot attack like before,” he added. “We have pushed them deeper into the outskirts of Mogadishu and we are on the alert.”

AMISOM forces have been a key target of bomb attacks in the past, and young al-Shabaab fighters are taught that killing an AU soldier is a “free ticket” to paradise. Most of the attacks are aimed at strategic bases, such as Adden Ade International Airport, Mogadishu’s seaport, and the presidential palace.

Civilian casualties could be high

Should fighting prove fierce, there could be significant civilian casualties. Tens of thousands of Somalis have fled their villages, seeking aid in face of a devastating drought, and set up makeshift camps across the city.

Shelling, stray bullets and suicide attacks often claim civilian lives, and with so many living in tents that offer little protection, collateral damage is inevitable.


OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Politics - General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests