Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A half black/half Somali girl bragging abt her good hair

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
XaliimoEinstein

A half black/half Somali girl bragging abt her good hair

Postby XaliimoEinstein » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Where do you live?
I: I am a high school student in Memphis, TN. I am reppin’ Memphis! I am half African American and half Somalian, most people say I get my hair from my Dad! I have not been to Somalia yet, but I will most likely be traveling there this summer with my father. Somalians’ family, religion (Islam), and work are very significant in their life. In Somalia, most women have natural hair but it is not usually seen because of their religion which requires their hair to be covered. Alot of Somalian women tend to color their hair with henna.

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
I: All my life I have wanted to be different from everyone else, and going natural was one way I could be unique since almost everyone in Memphis has perms. When I was about 8 I just stopped getting my hair done and went natural.

Going natural has made me feel unique, it has also brought me more attention; when I go out I am always complimented on my hair.

What mistakes have you made with your hair that you’ve learnt from?
I: Two mistakes I have learned were cutting my hair by myself :( and constantly straightening my hair which caused split ends.

What’s the best/most effective thing you do for your hair?
I: The best thing I do for my hair is conditioning my scalp.

What’s your regimen?
I: I condition my hair with a Dominican Republic conditioner called Lafier and I condition my ends with DAX pomade. Every night before I go to bed I comb my hair out gently with a wide toothed comb and braid my hair into 6 braids; 3 on each side. I put a little of DAX pomade on my scalp and on the ends of my hair. This is so when I wake up my hair will not be tangled/dry. It also defines my curls and makes my hair more manageable in the morning.

How does your hair express who you are?
I: It represents my uniqueness and my Somalian heritage

source: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2010/03/imaan/

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: A half black/half Somali girl bragging abt her good hair

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Every night before I go to bed I comb my hair out gently with a wide toothed comb and braid my hair into 6 braids; 3 on each side. I put a little of DAX pomade on my scalp and on the ends of my hair. This is so when I wake up my hair will not be tangled/dry. It also defines my curls and makes my hair more manageable in the morning.
That's how they used to do it , man she knows , bravo lil girl !

http://c590298.r98.cf2.rackcdn.com/XGJC1_055.JPG

Cumar-Labasuul
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cumar-Labasuul » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:25 pm

menace how gay can you get, posing with a girls nick and posting about girl stuff

dude officially waad isku buuqday :russ:

XaliimoEinstein

Postby XaliimoEinstein » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

menace how gay can you get, posing with a girls nick and posting about girl stuff

sometimes a real man has to be in touch with his feminine side :stylin:

im very much secured about my sexuallity... sii.il ii keen and you'l see

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm

:snoop:

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 pm

She is very pretty and has gorgeous hair! The only thing I didnt like was that she 'stopped relaxing' her hair at EIGHT years old!! What the hell is wrong with these lazy parents who perm their kids hair?! I HATE that. Look at the lovely hair they were destroying!

XaliimoEinstein

Postby XaliimoEinstein » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

we discovered that dr yalaxoow is the father

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:46 pm

sometimes a real man has to be in touch with his feminine side :stylin:

im very much secured about my sexuallity... sii.il ii keen and you'l see

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 pm

A clear Nose confrontation between the superior cushitic vs the inferior bantu. The bantu blood is too strong.

The bantus won on the Lips front, but the nose front was difficult front eventually the bantus won again.

herndonhomer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby herndonhomer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:52 pm

her decision to go natural wouldn't have worked out so well if she wasn't half somali.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Isnt it hilarious that this 'superiority' you believe in was invented by people who think you are inferior Hutu? When you start talking about racial superiority due to hair and noses, do you also bow your head to the white man for having straighter hair and a longer nose than you? This thing works both ways, dont you know? :meles:

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SiennaEarth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 pm

A clear Nose confrontation between the superior cushitic vs the inferior bantu. The bantu blood is too strong.

The bantus won on the Lips front, but the nose front was difficult front eventually the bantus won again.
:pac: :pac:

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm

Isnt it hilarious that this 'superiority' you believe in was invented by people who think you are inferior Hutu? When you start talking about racial superiority due to hair and noses, do you also bow your head to the white man for having straighter hair and a longer nose than you? This thing works both ways, dont you know? :meles:
Image Hutuking just got owned.

:wow:

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 am

Some one needs to teach these kids that we are called Somalis not Somalians :idea:

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 am

I have checked, it's menace wearing mini skirt. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.