Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This Yemeni Militia Guys Name Is Marehan

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

This Yemeni Militia Guys Name Is Marehan

Postby Murax » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Was always curious what the name meant in Arabic, but its a common name in the Arab world

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: This Yemeni Militia Guys Name Is Marehan

Postby dalalos101 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 pm

is it common name in arab world or just yemen ? cuh this nigga could easily pass for a Somali yet looks yemeni at the same time.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 pm

is it common name in arab world or just yemen ? cuh this nigga could easily pass for a Somali yet looks yemeni at the same time.
All you gotta do is go to social media, type marehan. I think yemeni or khaleeji. This is a famous arabic poet either saudi or Yemeni who’s known as ‘Ibn Marehan’ lool

dalalos101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby dalalos101 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:21 pm

:| I heard this before, can't remember who it was some football player or something like that called Marehan, it shocked me as I always thought Mareexaan was a quintessential Somali name with lost meaning, and here it is being a common name among the Ayrabs the enemies of Somalis :down:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:25 pm

:| I heard this before, can't remember who it was some football player or something like that called Marehan, it shocked me as I always thought Mareexaan was a quintessential Somali name with lost meaning, and here it is being a common name among the Ayrabs the enemies of Somalis :down:
They are truth be told, thats why I support good ‘ol Murrica and Turkey.

I’m just a fan of history, and I always felt a name like Marexaan was different than Koombe, Kabalalax, Kumaade, Jidwaaq and what not. Not saying one name is better than the other.

I got a kick out of the way that news anchor said the name Marehan because that’s exactly how you say it lol

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:11 pm

I like the name : Diamond or Ladan the most. Nice name.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

kkkkk waa kaa hoosbaxdey

its muriix-aan not mareexaan

aan
هذه تسمى بالاسماء التي تنتهي بالف ونون مثل فخران ورضوان

معنى المريح comfortable
مريح للنفس، غرفة مريحة

من الراحة raaxo but arabic raaxo and somali raaxo has not the same meaning in arabic is the opposite of ciriiri/narrow

xataa isku dhawaaq maaha arabs have no the somali ee vowels that is why somalis and oromo adopted the the latin alphabet bc semitic languages like the habashi and arabic have no e and ee aka shaqal dheer in marEExaan they got only ii so if you write somali in arabic alphabet or the ethiopian alphatet you would read ee as ii and oo as uu because there is no oo in semtic vowels like تفهمون tafhamuuna not tafhamoona for this reason we adopted the latin alphabet so we can express our cushitic pronunciation like it is.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.