Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The enduring strength of Marehan is the power of IMAGINATION.

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

The enduring strength of Marehan is the power of IMAGINATION.

Postby Voltage » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:26 am

I wrote this to someone else but thought I might share one of the most important lessons I have drawn from Marehan history.
I was in Mogadishu last fall and guess who is "protecting" :lol: keeping an eye on the "federal government".

North of K-4 all the way to waxar cade is manned by Habargidir militia. West of K-4 all the way to Medina is guarded by Abgaal Militia :lol: How is that for progress.

Here is new song :stylin:

Mogadishu is our city,
the business is ours
the people are ours.
Just go back to Gedo
and lap dance for your Ethiopian masters.
I honest feel sorry for you. You literally look pathetic----like you're actually crying.

Now despite my harsh assessment concerning the effect of your post (let me guess---you probably intended to display strength?), I am not trying to be "mean" to you; I just want you to question why the country has moved without tyou.

You keep yapping on about "ours" and "we" camaflouging yourself in civil war factions like an old dinosaur when today the nephews of the Siad Barre chased by your USC are everything from President of Somalia to Centra Bank Board of Governors---to EVEN commander of the SNA Danab special forces IN Dhusamareb keeping things under control.

That's what is wrong with people like you---LACK OF IMAGINATION. You stay in the past and get left behind because you are completely oblivious to the power of IMAGINATION to make tomorrow.

I have literally identified IMAGINATION as the enduring strength of Marehan.

When you hear cultural artifacts concerning Marehan like the sayings;

QAAN MAREEXAAN WAA QAAXO KUGH MAQAN (MAREHAN ALWAYS COLLECTS HIS DUE; ALWAYS)

Or MAREEXAAN DHIIGIS LAYSMA TUSO (MAREHAN ALWAYS ANSWERS THE CALL, ALWAYS

Or MAREEXAAN MARKII LOO YAABO, ALLAH U YASIRO (GOD'S GRACE BESTOWS VICTORY ON MAREHAN, ALWAYS)

When you hear those historical identifiers of Marehan (the first two from the Somali collective and the last prominent within the Darood)----they literally All speak to One THING; The STRENGTHA of Marehan IMAGINATION to see a better tomorrow.

It's resiliency. It's fortitude. It is Confidence and perhaps even hubris, but It's ALSO gratitude and even humility.

WITHIN Marehan,the absolute favorite cultural saying is SADE SOO ROGAAL CELI (MAREHAN RISES AGAIN, ALWAYS).

To rise "again" means to have failed "before."

That is perhaps the most humbling and enduring personal strength; to take FEAR out of FAILURE---it means you will take RISK, you will be bold, you will be incredibly decisive and proactive.

And that my friend is why Marehan does things that always end up shaking the Somali imagination out if the limits we gave it.

It is time you practiced the power of IMAGINATION.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The enduring strength of Marehan is the power of IMAGINATION.

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:51 am

Certain folks are stuck in the colonial days and some folks are still stuck in 1991.

#Losers

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.