Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ANALYSIS: The struggle between Modernists and Tradionalists is generational!

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

ANALYSIS: The struggle between Modernists and Tradionalists is generational!

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:57 pm

The struggle against traditionalists who are a small elite of the country since independence and the reason the First Republic of Somalia FAILED. Secondly, traditionalists aren’t against state but only in their regions as tribal fiefdoms like the UAE which they openly support their model of confederalism. The traditionalists aren’t modern enough to lead to like a modern state and have democratic standards that is up to par to the rest of the free world. The last 30 years have showed us the regression of the Somali civilization and state. They aren’t for progressive empowerment of the youth, women and ethnic minorities. They are tribal chauvinists who relish on even competing on sub clan level in their fiefdoms. Qabayalad is a onion, that’s the curse of it. But the majority which are youth and 70% of Somalia are modernists and want to build their country, ensure there’s education and healthcare for all not whose Laandheere. Be a normal nation state like the reest of the world. Nepotism and corruption ruined the First Republic and non democratic rule ruined the Second Republic which wasn’t built on the vote of the popular will but through strong man rule. There’s nothing wrong with strong man rule; it must be done through the democratic vote, a plebiscite in truth. But that’s my personal opinion as a modern Bonapartist.

The minimum standard should be ensuring 1m1v as legitimate module for expressing consent to the state and its institutions. The courts should control the excesses of the executive leading the country. There was never a Somali constitution that was agreed on via popular will. We all know the history. The new generation must ensure there’s a ironclad constitution that is sent through a plebiscite and the people know represents their will and aspirations for the Third Republic. The youth are the majority stakeholders and this on a minimum is a majority besides my own opinion. They want development and democratic model of government that is up to first world standards. And I think we are adaptable enough to accomplish. The war against the traditionalists has now started. Enjoy this thread below.

THREAD:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: ANALYSIS: The struggle between Modernists and Tradionalists is generational!

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:25 pm

The new generation must oust the old traditional class represented by the transitional class right now in politics. They are the major impediment towards a progressive democratic state that can compete with its neighbors. Understand the Prince clearly, I led by example by turning against my own sub clan interests for the national interest. That’s a what a true patriot does. You have the arms and the vehicles. The choice is yours. Demand 1m1v, do not listen to the old. The Darwinian natural order must return and made men must rule Somalia. Somalia is yours Jaale

:wow:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: ANALYSIS: The struggle between Modernists and Tradionalists is generational!

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 am

The debate isn’t centralist or federalist anymore. The debate is inclusive state building that doesn’t bring back a centralized Somalia nor a federalized one that is centralized for a certain interest group or clique. Fascinating article. Modernists want to create a just and equitable Third Republic that is acceptable to the majority via a plebiscite. The traditionalists who benefited off the blood of the last 30 years are the transitional class that is holding this mature state building back (Deni, Faroole, Madobe, Madasha).

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:26 am

The blowback against federalism is expected. Like there was block back against full on centralism in the 80s. It’s cyclical. I’m a federalist, but I’m NOT for pseudo federalism know as confederation. I still believe in the oneness of Somalia; thus not a elitist traditionalist who seeks the largesse of his tribal regions not the rest of the country. This is the Articles of Confederation moment for Somalia and the federalism project. Only a plebiscite or referendum will decide the future political system and constitution. The traditionalists or the current avatar known as the transitional class will lose this argument. The elites can play games all they want. Elitism and nepotism birthed Revolution:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BigBreak » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:41 am

The cursing of oday Farole is uncalled for, you can disagree without being uncivilized.

What tol you belong to determines your political viewpoints in the case of the vast majority of Somalians. Regarding centralization or fragmentation, forget everyone else it seems that within Darod only its Mahamud Saleban and Ogaden vs the rest

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:30 am

Majeerteens and Ogadens hide behind foreigners. No MX will ever see them as their equal; especially a Reer Gedood like me. If I know I can kill you and take your lunch. Why should I respect you? MJs are victims and OGs are slaves of both Amxaaro and Kikuyu. You’re a laangaab Isaaq still bitter over the actions of the last Marehan presidency. I understand your isku dir; unfortunately for you, we don’t give a fuck about you. We don’t border you nor can we kill you if we wanted to. So it’s amusing to me when you try to tell me about our affairs. I don’t have the same energy for yours. That’s the cold blooded zero sum jungle rules I live by. I’m not impressed by your valor as we never fought as a clan mano o mano but your culture and commerce. I respect isaaqs for their business acumen.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:30 pm

Besides the fkd that sidetracked me the incompetence of the transitional class aka traditionalists who from the inception of the First Republic were pro foreigners meddling in our affairs continues today.

THREAD:

DaahirMursal

Postby DaahirMursal » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:11 pm

All Somalis, especially the ones within Somalia, instinctively abide by the traditionalist lifestyle taught to them ever since they were an infant. Forcefully removing such a lifestyle - and abruptly as well - will place strains on the minds of our citizens, and will eventually cause chaos & violence to unleash within the country once again.

As Somalia modernizes, it'll slowly leave them. Just like how western kids are seen more 'civilized' and less destructive than their back-home counterparts, when Somalia (from Zeylac to Ras Kamboni) sees proper development and access to basic human needs (food, water, aid, hospitals, etc), we will them witness Somalis living in a more functional society. It takes time, and it'll definitely occur. Patience is what's needed.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:31 pm

These two FMS a threat to genuine state building:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:52 pm

The same cannibals that fathered the TPLF and pushed them on Somalia are now against the nascent Somali democracy. Like Noam Chomsky wisely says: “Democracy is always harmful to elite interests.” The foreign elites want a weak central govt to sign away our natural resources, that’s why the EU finds Farmaajo and NN so threatening:

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:35 am

The foreign stooges can no longer stop the populist wave of NN. This Somali woman has more caqli than our men wallahi. Secondly, this is a generational fight to revive the rights of the people over the elites who sold, killed, and destroyed Somalia since the inception of the Somali state in 1960. Some clans are stooges for gaalo and would sell their women not to be ruled by their fellow Somali (on record btw). That speaks to their gunimo and why they should be isolated from power. THE SOMALI PEOPLE ARE WIDE AWAKE; THE DABODHILIF ELITES WILL LOSE THIS WAR:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.