Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My 23andme results

Dadka ku dhaqan ama ka imaaday gobolkan

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
mmohamed12

My 23andme results

Postby mmohamed12 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

I just got my results and results go like this
85% African wich is Somali
10% western Asian
5% Italian and greek
Btw I am full marehan my dad I showed my dad the results he was shocked about the Italian and Greek part are there marehan who got Italian and Greek too or am I the only one

Northkil6

Re: My 23andme results

Postby Northkil6 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Interesting, might have to take one aswell and see

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Whats with the influx of new members with 10 posts claiming MX? Are we under attack :mindblown:

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 pm

you are a sheegato kulaha Italian and Greek 😂🤣🤣🤣 as soon as I seen the Italian and greek ik yiu was troll sheegato

Sbashi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Sbashi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:56 pm

These guys should be banned.

NGM

Postby NGM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Azkaban » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:36 am
These guys should be banned.
I will make an intrudciton + guide thread for the new members inshallah, sheegatos problem is nuisance and they are like cockroaches they rarely come alone, but lets have some confidence in the pull of Gedosection, I came here randomly years back via google search, ikhwa lets not ban anyone unless fully determined they are sheegato. :lol:

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:16 am

That west Asian and Italian/Greek percentages concern me. It is relatively recent (100-300) years ago and, unless your paternal haplogroup is the Somali markers (markers as in plural, since mine is downstream from T-M70 in 23 & Me), then it stems from your father's side, an Arab or Italian from the colonial era.

mmohamed12

Postby mmohamed12 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:25 pm

That west Asian and Italian/Greek percentages concern me. It is relatively recent (100-300) years ago and, unless your paternal haplogroup is the Somali markers (markers as in plural, since mine is downstream from T-M70 in 23 & Me), then it stems from your father's side, an Arab or Italian from the colonial era.
Nope my dad is full marehan and my haplogroups is j2 my mom is also marehan full i asked my dad about the Greek Italian part he think it’s probably Amir nur and Ahmed gurey’s time probably marehan back we’re marring foreigners

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Nope my dad is full marehan and my haplogroups is j2 my mom is also marehan full i asked my dad about the Greek Italian part he think it’s probably Amir nur and Ahmed gurey’s time probably marehan back we’re marring foreigners
Then your ancestral paternal line is ME. You are incorporated into the Mrahan clan, they are overwhelmingly E-V32. As for the Greek/Italian composition, it arguably came with this ME dude.

85% auDNA is Somali, probably that is what counts the most with Cushitic supremacists 🤠

NGM

Postby NGM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Then your ancestral paternal line is ME. You are incorporated into the Mrahan clan, they are overwhelmingly E-V32. As for the Greek/Italian composition, it arguably came with this ME dude.

85% auDNA is Somali, probably that is what counts the most with Cushitic supremacists 🤠
All Somalis are overwhelmingly E-32 akhi, and mmohamed is not MX he is deffo sheegato he goes by the name Nur Ibn Mujahid in Somalispot and spams MX history adding his outrageous claims to it, basically mixing truths and false making a mockery out of our ancestry.

Who are the overwhelmingly E-V32 MX you are talking about, I thought that was only one MX guy so far and he is not a forumer.

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:55 pm

All Somalis are overwhelmingly E-32 akhi, and mmohamed is not MX he is deffo sheegato he goes by the name Nur Ibn Mujahid in Somalispot and spams MX history adding his outrageous claims to it, basically mixing truths and false making a mockery out of our ancestry.

Who are the overwhelmingly E-V32 MX you are talking about, I thought that was only one MX guy so far and he is not a forumer.
This guy sheegato sxb kulaha Italian and Greek the claimed Mxs to be some habeshi tribe that migrated from Eritrea btw I don’t believe in haplogroups

Gubbet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:44 am

Azkaban and Mohamed12 are the same person who happens to be Mahoka who likes Marehan for some reason while pretending to rationalize his interest as disliking us..

Also the whole topic is good fun he is having on my behalf. It's a knock at someone pointing out my mtDNA of U3a1 (shared with a lot of Marehan) originated in and even today is almost entirely limited to Europe. The subclad doesn't even show up in Middle East which makes its diffusion in a East African Somali clan odd. Then he came across possible theories about elite marriages and somehow during Adal saga, a possible marriage contract took place individually bringing that maternal bloodline into a Somali clan which is how he formulated pretty much everything in his post poking fun. :lol: Waa shaydaan
I have already taken a genetic test and know my paternal haplogroup and mtdna.

Paternal: E-V32
mtDNA: U3a1

Recently, I have been hearing a lot about the Y-DNA test as like the regular genetic tests, but on steroid.

You got a microscopic view.

Exactly what will be seen and what is it supposed to inform me?

Is it going to tell me something like who am I related from 300 years ago or something?

I think the E-V32 testing just goes to 2000 years ago or something.

Has anyone actually taken it here?

Gubbet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:03 am

Majority of the tested ethnic Somalis, including Marehan, are E-V32, but not all Somalis are overwhelmingly E-V32.

The majority of the tested Northwestern Dir are actually majority T, with increasing minority of E-V32 thr more east.

The Ciise, Gudabiirsi, and the Garxajis of Isaaq are some of the groups that have tested almost entire T instead of V32

Azkaban

Postby Azkaban » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:44 am

Azkaban and Mohamed12 are the same person who happens to be Mahoka who likes Marehan for some reason while pretending to rationalize his interest as disliking us..

Also the whole topic is good fun he is having on my behalf. It's a knock at someone pointing out my mtDNA of U3a1 (shared with a lot of Marehan) originated in and even today is almost entirely limited to Europe. The subclad doesn't even show up in Middle East which makes its diffusion in a East African Somali clan odd. Then he came across possible theories about elite marriages and somehow during Adal saga, a possible marriage contract took place individually bringing that maternal bloodline into a Somali clan which is how he formulated pretty much everything in his post poking fun. :lol: Waa shaydaan
I have already taken a genetic test and know my paternal haplogroup and mtdna.

Paternal: E-V32
mtDNA: U3a1

Recently, I have been hearing a lot about the Y-DNA test as like the regular genetic tests, but on steroid.

You got a microscopic view.

Exactly what will be seen and what is it supposed to inform me?

Is it going to tell me something like who am I related from 300 years ago or something?

I think the E-V32 testing just goes to 2000 years ago or something.

Has anyone actually taken it here?
Voltage,gubbet,marixman all the same people and haplogroups don’t mean stop being a Afrocentric haplogroups ceeb riding idiot you make seem like Somalis where isolated for a long and we don’t like outside nigga were right close to Arabia,India,persia you make seem like none of those people lived among us and probably intermarry and descendants maybe the people in the Somali peninsula are you really going off by haplogroups on what your ancestors are if so you one brainwashed close minded garac who doesn’t do research and who only looks at haplogroups to find his ancestors hooyada wase I hate nationalistic fake prideful ass garacs like you

Gubbet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:07 pm

I am afraid I didn't understand at all what you said to be completely honest.

Also, haplogroup is not something to believe in or not, it's like your fingerprint and your teeth. They all contain unique markers capable for being used to identify humans. There's nothing to believe in or not believe in about that basic scientific fact

Finally, I think you over politicize Haplogroup and testing because of the interesting results it has yielded. Stories and our oral mythologies can change, but not your DNA. The way to respond to uncomfortable truth from our genetic heritage is to appreciate the dynamism of our socio-politico history as humans not respond with anger and irrationality.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.